#1January 14th, 2007 · 12:43 PM
6 threads
7 posts
United States of America
I don't know where to begin, man.  I think this is the best song I've read by you.  I read one line, and it's fucking awesome, I read the next and it tops the one i just read!!  The song outdoes itself on every corner, and that my friend is a very good thing to put into a song.  You got some serious fucking tallent, man.  some of my favourite lines:

You played the hand you been dealt before
It's a stacked deck on the rocks
Wavin' token gestures in the air
Got a skeleton key and twenty rusted locks

Like the rest of your stuff, this line envokes a lot of thought.  With the use of good metaphors and symbolic language, a songwriter can write a tune that is both emotionly fulfilling for him, and lets the listener/reader apply those lines to himself and let them take on new meanings.  The writer and the reader can be completley different people in every fathomable manner, but they can relate to the same lyric in a song because it's written so well!!  Very beautiful stuff!!

You broke the ice on a winter's day
But the damn frost is long from gone

Blame it on the web, but the spider's your problem now, huh? 
This line brings out a shitty situation that almost everyone can relate to, and it's twisted around with beautiful language that it just leaves one lost in thought.  You can cast down the main problem with relative ease, but the aftermath and reprocutions are always capable of coming back to bite you in the ass, and if you aren't wary of them, they usualy do.  I love it.

I'd analyse some more, believe me.  This song is so well written that I'd love to sit and pick it apart, but I have somewhere to be right now.  But I'll still be checking this forum for more of your stuff, man.

Peace out,
            Grant.

Server Time: May 5th, 2024 · 12:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.