I'm like a boomerang
I'll take the swing
do it over again
and change something
#2December 28th, 2006 · 09:33 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
very cool, this is a very strong message of self-confidence.

especially the "do it over again - and change something" points to persistance aswell as flexibility. looking through producer's eyes I see the potential for a big hit song since a lot of youth can benifit from identifying with lyrics like these.

I'm interested: how much of your songwriting is based on personal experience, and how much of it is based on fictuous situations? (I know you posted these lyrics after the "paranoid"-discussion, and I was wondering right away)

oh yeah about what Simon said in that thread: if you have any questions you can always contact me, and if you want to know how to get a basic recording underway (on a tight budget) you can check the recording forum, ask around, or when you see someone online in the chat you can try there. Or, via the pm system, ask me or another "established" home recorder directly

take care,
PX
#3December 28th, 2006 · 06:41 PM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
boomerang
I like this lyric. I think you should change the name to Boomerang. It's more unique, and it picks up the unique flavor of the lyrics. Plus, I really like the lines:

"I'm like a boomerang
I'll take the swing
do it over again
and change something "

But I would change "I'll take the swing" to "I'll take my swing". I tis more personal, and therefore draws us into your situation, and makes us more sympathetic. I'm assuming that the "swing" would refer to a change of direction, like the turning of a boomerang. So if you are the boomerange, the swing would be your personal swing.

I also like this because it's about being strong and resilient in the face of rejection, but it could be about any number of types of rejection. PX wonders if this is a response to the criticism you got for posting "paranoid". It might be an appropriate one. But it could also be a response to self-rejection, personal rejection, social rejection, artistic rejection, career rejection, or just about any other kind. It has a universal quality that may have broad appeal. Or as PX says, "I see the potential for a big hit song since a lot of youth can benifit from identifying with lyrics like these."

I hear a driving pop-rock sound here - harder and more driving than teen pop, but more accessible to the pop audience than punk or grundge sounds - ala Avril, etc. I hear that type of strong female vocal deliver, but with a more singable melody and a rythme.
#4December 28th, 2006 · 07:58 PM
91 threads
73 posts
United States of America
i cant say "i'll take my swing"

in that line, its refering to something like a fight. and you want to win a fight, or atleast stick it through. so i wouldnt say "i'll take my swing" but i would take someone elses swing.

i am going for pop-rock. or in that direction.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 7:31 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.