yeah
now i'm hanging up the phone
and we're done
oh
#2December 14th, 2006 · 08:02 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
[i`m going to reply to this on monday, the 18th of 2006... i just don`t have time right now.  but, to relieve some stress from you, i wanted to let you know that i like this.  what style is it supposed to be?  like... pop-ish, rock-ish...?

XO, TLS]
#3December 17th, 2006 · 07:08 PM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
quick review, more later
This is good work. The idea you express is brief, but at the same time it is complete. One of the more mature lyrics you have posted here so far. More later
#4December 17th, 2006 · 07:26 PM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
drove me back again
I just reviewed "Sadness Seeps Again" and I liked it to much that I came back and read this again. Oh! This is really good, in much the same way as the other one.

A special comment on the last verse. I like how you have broken up the phrases to add lyrical emphasis. In some of your other posts, you have some "yeahs" and some "nos", like a singer might improvise while she is singing, and I often feel like they don't belong in the written version of the lyrics. But this last verse is a huge step forward from that, and I can practically hear you singing    "I...........I know you know..............so just leave me alone..............yeah...................now I'm hanging up the phone.........................and we'er done.......................oh" while the band is belting out some hard bluesy rock behind you.
#5December 18th, 2006 · 07:56 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i agree..  I like this set of lyrics.  i could be wrong, of course, but you sound like you already have the melody and tunes in your head.  it shows, i think.  it sounds like you know your style of writing pretty well.  you`re not so much experimenting as you are simply slapping it all down on the table and saying "here`s what I brought!"  You seem confident!  good!  I would expect confidence out of someone like you-- a night owl weilding a notebook at her bedside.

It seems like a lot of your lyrics are centered around a particular, straightforward idea.  for instance, in "Sadness Seeps Again", it`s sort of bouncing around the question, "why can`t i wake up?".  Or in "Hold My Breath," you say "Things are so stranded" (a variations of the sort) often.  I like the focused-ness of it all, to be honest.  Sometimes we get so caught up in spilling our hearts on so many topics that every song tries to go the same direction.  You don`t seem to have that problem

You`ve posted a lot of lyrics  (16, your thread count says) but i haven`t seen you respond to any of the critiques!  any comments that YOU have now?  Your email must be pummling you with "somebody commented on..." emails!

XO, TLS
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:27 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.