why?

chorus1x 
repeat first verse
#2November 20th, 2006 · 12:40 PM
9 threads
75 posts
United States of America
I wrote ..
I wrote this three years ago for a poetry contest.
lemme know whatcha think!
#3November 20th, 2006 · 02:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So what was the result from the poetry compo? keeping it a secret?

I don't think this one is as good as your other post Time, maybe this one is from a few years ago and Time is more resent?
This one seams simpler not as many good word plays, it's like you were on a real gray night, down and feeling poo just trying to say anything, IYKWIM!

Still like to read more, and maybe one day hear more from you.

Keep it up.

[edit] I've just read on your review of my own song 'Dreams mean nothing my friend' that you say this as your best piece. Sorry for having commented so harshly, but I still think the other is better.
#4November 20th, 2006 · 07:49 PM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
Ditto kings
But I think this is actually very good, contemplative and dreamy. It's just a little lose around the edges. Maybe you could tighten it up rythmically by changing a word or two?
#5November 21st, 2006 · 12:14 PM
9 threads
75 posts
United States of America
Hey! Thanks!
KINGS AND SIMON:
I just want you to know that critisium isn't bad
and I don't think of it that way at all. I love honesty and appriciate your comments. It's basically about how everything can be so clear as black and white and then it all at once you have no clue who you are or anything.
#6November 25th, 2006 · 06:47 PM
9 threads
75 posts
United States of America
Hey!
Read Me PLEZ!
#7November 27th, 2006 · 01:42 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
your post on my Excalibur Would Be Nice deserves one for you

the ideas in the poem / song (i`ll just say "song" since this is a music site ) are fine, but i feel like it`s speaking TOO generally, without specific imagery.

i can feel like i`m gazing throught a haze of clouds, but.. What am I straining to see?  you say in the lyric that "I've lost my way", so what are you actually seeing instead of what you were expecting?

play off of the "gray night" theme.  but!  that said, don`t say the words "gray night" over and over again.  once is fine, like you have it.  but rather, stare through a shop window and spot someone you were looking for all along, yet the wet, cold glass seperates the two of you.  i`m not saying that you have to turn it into a blunt love song, but put some frosted glass between you and some person or thing better off than you.

anyway, that`s just my idea-- you don`t have to take it word for word, but definitely try to use some imagery with the rain and a gray night.

one more bit of advice... taking into account what i said, don`t try to turn it into a straight-up story.

hm.. i like the line "pondering into the darkness".  i can`t find the word that i`m searching for in order to explain why i like it   well, i`ll just say that it`s a good verb-preposition-noun combo.  darkness isn`t normally something that someone would ponder "into" , which makes the reader think more about the line (if the reader is in fact reading for meaning!)

*ahem* so anyway, i agree with Simon: It's just a little lose around the edges

XO, TLS
#8November 28th, 2006 · 12:11 PM
9 threads
75 posts
United States of America
Thank you!
I really appriciate your comments about my song, I am glad that you like that line, I feel brillant now! I really enjoyed your song(since yes it is a music site) and I hope to hear, and read more of you!
#9December 7th, 2006 · 12:30 PM
9 threads
75 posts
United States of America
hey
read me! yes I know I am Crazy, thank you very much! lol JK!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:00 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.