#1March 18th, 2012 · 05:33 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Beautiful Thoughts
I well know I'll never grow old inside this cage you call life
And you'll be with me there with your pretty hair wrapped in a blanket of lies.
and I've grown smarter since I last saw her I've picked up the art of decoding her deceiving eyes.

Spending a day, with anybody, makes me sad when I come home at night and I'm not sure why.
Could be my expectations, or it could be I really frustrate you or it could be the fact that just maybe I'm not quite right.
and Its cruel this life makes me choose to gaze at my shoes and live my life pretending to be someone I'm not.

Perfect people plunder past plastic pale poles, renegades all are watching the insanity unfold.
But I can still prove I'm happy, despite all these words, or maybe I'm just lying. Welcome to your world.

and so for all the people who are ever scared, who have ever been lied to, and who have been prepared
My mind is filled with good things, it keeps me alive, if your mind is filled with bad things, your happiness will die.

Beautiful thoughts come out to play
Beautiful thoughts make me sane
Beautiful thoughts save the day
Beautiful thoughts and I'm okay.
#2April 9th, 2012 · 06:02 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea .... and somewhere the insanity takes me ....

So how do you hear this your self?
Or is it simply a written - read piece ?

I stumbled over 'plunder', and came up with 'Perfect people plod past pale plastic poles' ... might not have the same meaning though.
Really like "and so for all the people who are ever scared, who have ever been lied to, and who have been prepared"

I really like the 'expression' in this piece.
#3April 10th, 2012 · 02:56 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Thanks so much for reviewing these kings!
I do have a chord progression/idea for these to fit in with a song, I just need to work on it a bit more before I fully think its interesting enough and READY. And HONESTLY, once I get some time I'm going to go through and record a TON of stuff. Its hard because I am doing EVERYTHING on my own. Writing of music and lyrics, recording of all the instruments, and then spending hours fiddling with the recording setup and mixes and trying to make it sound half-decent. Plus I'm never happy with the way it ever turns out. so it takes a while lol.

But i'm really glad you like these, and yes the 'expression' of the piece is something I was going for. More lyrics hopefully coming soon too! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 8:11 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.