#1October 8th, 2006 · 11:26 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
My Planet
its one of those songs with no obvious structure...no verse-chorus thingy....just simple. I was inspired by that book, 'The Little Prince'

I'm just a spec in the air
Gliding in the atmosphere
Can I land somewhere?
But I'm just aimless, dear

My galaxy is a huge canvas
But the universe is much more vast
Future, present and past
Just float alone as forever lasts?

I am strange...an alien...a loner on my planet
I am strange...an alien...a loner on my planet
a loner on my planet
a loner on my planet

please comment or leave suggestions...thank you!
#2October 9th, 2006 · 10:09 AM
25 threads / 22 songs
132 posts
Ireland
cool
found the book here http://www.spiritual.com.au/articles/prince/prince_contents.htm
its good.
so is this poem.
the only thing i would say is that the last bit is a bit repetative, maybe if you changed the third last line to something like:

I am strange...an alien..a loner on my planet
A driffting spec in dust filled air

Or something like that, i dunno, im sure you could come up with something better. just thought id give it a go, anyway i really like this, well done.
#3October 10th, 2006 · 02:59 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
thanks for the comment and suggestion...really appreciated.

the book might seem like a children's story but there are actually very deep meanings in it.
#4October 11th, 2006 · 12:11 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
the little prince is a great book... I really like it.

Somehow only the last verse reminded me directly to the book... obviously that's not a bad thing at all, but I'd like to know from you if the two first verses are related in a diferent way to it, like through a personal experience you had or something like that.
#5October 11th, 2006 · 09:12 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
its not really a direct inspiration from the book....its just something i was feeling and thinking....and i wrote it.... and the book just helped i guess.
#6October 11th, 2006 · 10:33 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
very nice piece of poetry (which can be used as a song lyric - would like to hear this being put to music). I agree about the ending - when used as lyrics, this can be vert effective to draw listeners deeper into the music. As a poem, I think, it's less effective, but the overall mystic mood it sets, is seriously well done. Minimalist, but I think a lot of people can relate to the deeper meaning of these lines, as everyone hits this phase of thoughts every now and then.
#7November 17th, 2006 · 05:39 PM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
agree
Agree with PuppetXeno about the last verse. When I read it, I was already thinking about it musically, and I like the repitition
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:15 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.