#1August 25th, 2006 · 05:46 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United Kingdom
Another song that wants a title...
Ahoy, here's one I wrote way back in '03, it's sort of a happy punk song. It was originally called "Of Life", but I just don't like that one, and I'm stuck for a better one, more than taking a random object and calling it that, which is what I normally do when I'm stuck (yielding such titles as Marbles and Carbonara, lol). Tell me what you think.

It makes just as much sense as the writing on the walls, which informs me of another time,
A time when love was love or love was hate and I had too much on my plate and I was already full.

Go away and think of flowers, marble towers in the sand
Stay by me and know that you are thinking of them all alone (or along)

Fill me right up to the brim with your daily paranoia, I revel in the sleeping time, except at night; it's far too quiet,
I never know which way I'm facing but it's always in the wind and when my face becomes confused it's stuck I cannot break it.

Go away and think of flowers, marble towers in the sand
Stay by me and know that you are thinking of them all alone (or along)
#2October 11th, 2006 · 04:26 PM
4 threads / 2 songs
58 posts
United States of America
I am afriad to say that I think that this is cool. Too short, but definately fun. The "Chorus" itself it catchy and, in my interpretation, contradicts the actual verses. If you rotate the two (alone and along) throughout future chorus interejctions in your verses then it will add a small dynamic to your song.

What I like most is the increasing negitivity in my interpretation.
"I see that we're going apart
We might love each other, or not, either way we're done."

"Good thoughts,
Togatherness, no one else is."

"Do you think I am going to leave you? You bore me with suspecions,
I have already decided, that being with you is like pissing in the wind,"

"Good thoughts,
"Togatherness, no one else is"

At least, that is how I read it. In that sense, I want you to finish this so I can read it again.
#3November 17th, 2006 · 08:54 PM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
a new title
Song is good. I don't really get punk, which would help me in suggesting a name. But this sounds exactly as you describe it - happy punk. Most songs are named with some of the lyrics, and you have a few phrases that would work:

Another Time
Marble Towers
Towers In The Sand
Daily Paranoia

These all work for me. I like "Daily Paranoia". That sounds like punk to me. It's better than "Of Life", don't you agree?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 10:23 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.