1 2

#1August 25th, 2006 · 09:00 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
Strawberry Fields
I wrote this today...so it's very fresh haven't altered it. Have you read about the palestinian girl whose family was killed at their picnic by the beach? Her grandmother's brother was also killed before that in a strawberry field. It is so sad.

[chorus]
sweet strawberry fields
where her brother was killed
white sandy beach
where her daddy was killed
no we're not guilty you say
but look who's bombing away

Why, why kill daddy
she cries
on the white sandy beach
where peace had died
she looks to the sky
tears in her eyes
still silent as a dream
even when she screams

why, why, she screams
inside
in the strawberry fields
where peace had died
she looks in his eyes
but there is no life
still silent as a dream
even when she screams

the soundtrack keeps playing again
shatters and screams and bangs
haunting her ears
cannot disappear
too many tears and tears...

-dedicated to victims of war-
-aetherius-
#2August 25th, 2006 · 05:37 PM
4 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
United Kingdom
I Love these lyrics,
Poignant, but with abstract instances that bring a sort of clarity...
#3August 26th, 2006 · 08:11 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
yeah but i just wrote them, and actually have no music for it yet. If anyone has any ideas, just post it!
#4August 26th, 2006 · 02:57 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
these lyrics are very good. I think it's a good thing to address that "no we're not guilty you say / but look who's bombing away"

I hate what happens what's going on in the middle east. I hate it more that so many people around me don't seem to care.... They just raise their shoulders and go on with their daily lives as if nothing happened. Ofcourse we can't physically all go over there to halt it, duh, but we can and we must VOICE our thoughts and feelings about these situations. I'm glad you did, aetherius, I hope many more will - so that we eventually reach a critical mass of people with their brains awake.

cheers...
#5August 26th, 2006 · 07:56 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Man africa and south america are even worse. We actually support some regimes that are just washing their hand sof blatant genocide. Uhg...

I AM THE DECIDER AND I DECIDE WHAT IS BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
#6August 27th, 2006 · 06:59 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
and it hurts more is when they think what they are doing is justified...
#7August 27th, 2006 · 08:23 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Actually I think it hurts the dead people the same either way *ouch*
#8August 28th, 2006 · 11:52 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
the dead yeah...they're dead. But there shouldn't be more and more of them, caused by this! And for the living who get left behind (such as the girl in the song) that is also very hard....

I think I'm getting the tune for this...bit by bit.
#9August 28th, 2006 · 12:07 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Stay up to like 2 in the morning and then mess around on an instrument. You play, guitar, don't you? Creativity comes the easiest when your feeling really happy or sad, or really tired.
#10August 28th, 2006 · 12:09 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
hahaha guitar? i am merely still learning......dammit if i havent stopped for three years i would've been excellent already!
#11August 28th, 2006 · 01:34 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Ah, well then keep practicing

Always try to come up with your own riffs and stuff while practicing, because doing that is a lot harder than just playing other people's tabs etc.
#12August 29th, 2006 · 11:02 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
thanks everyone!!!
#13October 12th, 2006 · 03:10 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Hmmmm... it is gud. But I think u already know that. I guess thr is little to comment on the lyrics. It is short to the point a dramatic but only enough, kitsche (how the spellings right) but blatantly so as thr seems no other way to say it. I guess we all want to hear the song now.

Btw thr is one Indian band 'Parikrama' who has done a similar kind of song 'But ir Rained'. U might try listening to them. I think u can download the song from their site which I think is Parikrama.com not sure though.
#14November 8th, 2006 · 03:39 PM
3 posts
United States of America
i like it. I think it is awsome lyrics!
#15November 13th, 2006 · 08:48 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
"sick world"
the mood of this song reminds me of a song called "sick world" by Acoustic Torment.......the song talks of a mans sick mind, his perverse ideas.......child abuse, rapes murders.......

you lyrics are great. construction too good.

its very sad to see the wickedness in the world.......people get killed for just 45 cents......glad you wrote about this.though it may seems like a drop in the bucket but its worth
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 10:54 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.