#1June 14th, 2006 · 04:01 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Hindsight 20/20
A friend of mine asked me to write him some lyrics for a song he's putting together.Just wanted to know if this is sappy bull crap or do I have something.(LMAO) Every time I try to write something with feelings, about love,blah blah it usually comes out sappy to me.So just seeking some opinions.  The idea is that a relationship is over and he's thinking about their time together,while looking at a photo which is all that is left of her.

Hindsight 20/20

Just layin here beside you
I'm mesmerized
Drowned in your eyes
I'm hypnotized
An inviting smile
a warm embrace
All of those sweet kisses
I no longer taste

I still hear all the things that you said
they're looped inside my head
Alone and lost without your love
The boy cries inside the Man

Remember the times I laughed
the times you cried
I was never there for you
I apologize

I still hear all the things that you said
they're looped inside my head
Alone and lost without your love
The boy cries inside the Man

And you used to say one day I'll be sorry
You used to say one day it wont be funny
You said when I wake up don't come knockin
Now I guess I know.........
Hindsight 20/20
#2June 14th, 2006 · 04:45 PM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
Started out sappy enough but grew emotionly in a un-cheesyI know it's not a word) way.
It evolved, in my opinion, in to something that had alot of meaning, if not based on reallity. The metre(something I have trouble with) is good and I hope the music is as good as these lyrics.
Well done on making an emotional song that is not sappy, like every single one of mine are. So over the top and cheesy, it's hard to avoid.
Nice going
Ask your friend to post the song when its finnished, I'd love to hear it.
KI
#3June 19th, 2006 · 12:51 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i like it. i think the key to making it really good will be the music.  the music shouldn't be too flashy   i think you know that, and you don't need me to say so, but just so that the record says so, i thought i'd say so

so yeah, and i don't know if you'll have any control over this, but i'd recommend not having a melody that's too repititious.  experiment with cutting word syllables up into seperate lines or something to keep a good amount of attention on the words.  i dunno, something like that anyway
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.