Though I miss him
I miss him for my friends
I'm drinking deeply
but my memories bore in

we're on the streets down town
and we're so ******* high
drinking, smoking
under a crystal sky.

OK, I know instantly what alot of you will be thinking. Teenager, writing some song about getting high cause he thinks he's cool.
Wrong.
I wrote this about a friend of mine who passed away just over a year ago. He was a great fan of "smoking the herb". Probably what killed him.
Point is, some of my best memories are telling my parents that I was going to Indie (Indie rock night for kids at a local night club) and just piking up weed and smoking it round Ipswich (local town, more like a city). I made alot of friends and he was one. We had some great times so it felt only natural to write about it.
And yes, I do go on a bit don't I.
#2May 5th, 2006 · 02:34 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
It has some fairly sad undertones to this really - especially reading your comment after the lyrics. 
I really like:
        "Though I miss him
          I miss him for my friends"

Actually, the drug reference is pretty minimal - in some way I think it sort of conveys a feeling of doing it to get over his death.

Pretty good really
#3May 6th, 2006 · 08:01 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
In fact these lyrics kindof touch the same subject as a song I have called "Junk Pal"... although my lyrics leave the first person in a different state... the end lines being "I buried you all alone, it's so sad that you had to go... All the things that you understood - life on the rush it feels so good... But now the scene has changed a bit, I'm all alone and it just don't fit.... don't know where I've gotta go... it's just not fun, tripping on my own" Junk Pal can be found here (track 4)

my track isn't entirely fictional, but I'm glad to see you deal with things differently than the first person of my Junk Pal tune (which is ofcourse, a good example of how-not-to and for the record, intended that way)

So, I think you wrote a good lyric, and I'd really like to hear some of your music on here. I bet it would be very interesting
#4May 7th, 2006 · 10:38 AM
21 threads
235 posts
United Kingdom
People are miss-understanding  the drug referances.
I wasn't using them to get over him(I wasn't that close a friend of his and wouldn't use drugs as a way of getting over anyone anyhow). The referances are there because the summer holiday around half a year before his death I spent getting to know him was based around drugs, alchhole and(mainly, I'd like to point out) going out with large groups. Getting to know everyone.
Basicly the drugs and the sociel life were a common ground. That's why I wrote about them.
Sorry, just felt that needed clearing up
And I'll record this very project as soon as I can. Mainly because I've wanted to fror around a year now. Just needs to get done.
Cheers,
KI
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:00 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.