Daddies not in work today
Maggie took our milk away
And the bigger kids from down the street
Don't know where to put themselves.

There was another power cut before,
I hope there isn't anymore,
Cause my big brother laughs at me
When it goes dark, I cry.

Okay okay, its not much....I have a the beginings of the music to this, but its hard to write the words. Anyone who was a british kid in the 80s, I would appreciate your insights, seeing as I only have a few lines so far, just remembering things my parents have told me about that time. Entheon told me a few months back to write about what I know, but I know that if I were to do that, I'd keep churning out angsty songs about boys that treated me bad and falling in love and crap like that 
#2March 16th, 2006 · 05:49 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
The 80s are sleighted by many, but I also think it was a fairly creative period: new romantics and rock music stand out to me. Then there were all the dodgy clothes: drain pipe kecks, futuristic hairstyles, fashion victims, legwarmers (and women really thought they looked cool!) etc... Was also a very interesting time computerwise - lots of competing technologies back then. VHS vs Betamax, so and so has a Sony Walkman or a CD player.

I ate a lot of burgers in the 80s (woe is me, I think I'll get BSE!)

I don't really remember too much about the 80s to be honest, it all gets a bit hazy, but I definately had a good time. Biker gangs, rock nights, and crazy biker parties on Southport beach. Everyone in a band believed they would 'make it'. There was the miners strike, race riots in Liverpool. Yea, milk disappeared from doorsteps alright 

Not much help really I'm afraid!!
#3March 16th, 2006 · 05:58 PM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Poison perfume
Yeh, must mention that. There was an outbreak of perfume called 'Poison' (was that the late 80s?). Really knocked your socks off...
#4March 19th, 2006 · 01:04 PM
20 threads / 18 songs
93 posts
United Kingdom
THE SLIM ASTELEY EP
Read yor entry and likewise have fond memories i relive again and again in different guises...this ones for you...perhaps you would like some more?  Who knows... ?
....Peace.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 5:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.