#1January 7th, 2006 · 11:39 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Taking No Chances
Having done it once, I thought I should post another weird lyric for you other Bandampers to laugh at!

Actually, I quite like this one 

Edging your way along the path
that's been trodden many times before
Hoping to find somewhere ahead
a key to open all open doors.
Checking the time, while all of the while
darkness is beginning to fall.
Pushing ahead, feeling the face
of somebody who's started to call

But you're taking no chances -
You'd better not risk it, cos there might be hidden dangers

Analyse carefully all of your food
You never know where it's been.
Never trust any letters for you
unless, by chance, you know that they're clean.
There must be a reason for your mistrust
there's more to you than meets the eye.
Though no-one has ever really got close
I think it's time I gave it a try

Tell me all I need to know,
the hidden truths that you keep at home.

Have I got through; will I get by?
Do you feel you're starting to open?
Now will you reveal, or do I ask more?
.... I think I've started more than I hoped for!

I may even try and record this one someday!
#2January 8th, 2006 · 07:02 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
well definately interesting! can't argue with it.

so (in this lyric) you're trying to win the trust of someone of whom you think should be more understanding to life's ways etc. could be you're trying to win the heart or trust of an interesting lady, trying to unveil the mystery of this person, who is in your eyes somewhat searching for the obvious in all the wrong places.

(just a wild guess )

mwa it's not so silly at all, in fact I think the imagery is pretty strong, touching ageold symbolism (keys with open doors, medieval poisoning methods) and I always enjoy that.

interested in the music to this...
#3January 9th, 2006 · 08:53 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The music's up there on Bandamp - I just called it Chances!  Obviously, the vocal melody isn't there so you don't know exactly how it sounds 
I didn't think it worth doing too much with the music as my recording ability (or equipment) isn't up to much at the moment.  And you've commented on it already!!!
Perhaps when I get some time (and my electric back) I'll re-record it slightly better.
Hehe, just had a thought - maybe I could leave the crappy drums off, post the whole thing to you, and you can add them for me
#4January 11th, 2006 · 12:55 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hey, that sounds like a nice idea! always in for an experiment, and I have some previous experience with doing things like that. so, if you're serious about it, sure thing, count me in!
#5January 13th, 2006 · 10:29 AM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
Yea, it's really neat imagery. I'll see if I can't find the song.
I think it's interesting, in the end you revert back to saying it might be more than you're hoping for, thus, reverting this person back into their cycle of mistrust. Of course, some people say trust is earned, but I like to think it's given away, after all, who is perfect enough to trust. But, I don't think it's silly at all.
#6January 14th, 2006 · 11:15 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
The song's not that hard to find - I just missed off the "taking no" from the title!!!

Puppet's listened to it with the vocal line over the top (hurriedly done) to get an idea of how it sounds, and he's said yes to doing drums for me once it's re-recorded.
Should be cool

As for the lyrics themselves - Creative and Puppet, you're both sort of right;  it's really about someone who's just overly cautious all the time, and who won't take chances with new people because of a badly failed relationship.
The ending isn't about the person reverting - it's about opening them up, being accepted, and then being overwhelmed by the emotion that was bottled up and is now released!

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 8:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.