They ended up in a tragedy
when you Fall into me.

*Let me know what you think!!**
#2November 10th, 2008 · 03:11 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
uuuuh how dark

hope that it's not any personal experiences!?
#3November 10th, 2008 · 12:10 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
tough. scary. creepy. could work in some gothic/metal type song.

with a video clip that's sort of a short movie. yeh, it's definately a short story like that.

So, well done
#4November 10th, 2008 · 07:26 PM
2 threads
1 posts
United States Minor Outlying Islands
thats great if your a emo band
#5November 11th, 2008 · 07:58 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Hmmm,  like the lyrics - well certainly the feeling and picture they paint.  Not sure I'd like to piss you off though! lol
#6November 14th, 2008 · 12:16 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
My roomate went on and on about "the banks of the Ohio" which is a similar theme, so this just screamed the 'ole my baby didn't love me so I shot her in the face blues... great lyrics, I really hope that was what you were going for. I've got chords if you want 'em.
#7November 15th, 2008 · 02:26 AM
27 threads / 2 songs
179 posts
Canada
Anti-love Song
No need for emo...sometimes things are best understated...or even glossed over with beautiful and serene music and vocals.

Perhaps, something along the lines of a slow ballad with orchestra music...no guitar or drums....mostly piano and string and a little brass.

Of course change the tempo of the chorus so that it seems like an uplifting moment that is of course counter-measured by the lyrics being sung. This is where the piano would drop to a lower scale and the strings would come to the fore...especially the violin. Have a total pause in music during the 'You said' and 'I said' parts to transition to the chorus as well as to highlight those points.

The verses would be very mellow, and I would suggest ending on a mellow and very understated tone. I'm thinking even just have it fade with the only guitar that would be in the song....A simple guitar solo that would represent the songs which he wrote....have a very soft male vocal in the background humming with the music.
On that thought, perhaps having the same soft humming..(but no guitar).. from the male backup in key places would be a good addition.

I think you can get a good cadence/rythym for which to sing the song so that it would be recognizable and easy to remember. The music would be important but the way it is sung is crucial to making something like this work.

Well anyways, that is what popped into my head....too bad I can't get it done for ya lol. I am useless with FL studio etc. Nice song...keep them coming!
-Mark
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 4:02 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.