#1November 6th, 2008 · 01:19 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Hey...

Is everything OK?

That sounded really despairing. It could work in some very dark tune of sorts..

Do you play any instruments?
#2November 8th, 2008 · 12:29 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well seriously, sincerity in lyrics is always good, even though it may be pretty heavy and confronting as heavy subjects certainly connect to a lot of people who have experienced similar situations. In any way, music intented for a certain audience shouldn't be too heavy, because the more distinct a subject, the fewer people can identify to it.

However, lyrics touching an emotion that applies to a really broad audience really deeply, could turn into a huge success. It really depends on what you want for your song and whether you can sustain bringing up those deep emotions.

I'd say that something in your lyric is pretty powerful (if given the proper musical backing) yet also edgy on a personal emotional level. But that is the choice of the artist..

Anyway, recording music isn't too hard.. there's a bunch of free to use programs around which allow you to sequence audio samples and put a song together without too much effort.

If you'd like to know more just ask.

Cheers.
#3November 11th, 2008 · 08:00 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
This is the start of a great story, that would work well as a song lyric... is it finished yet?
#4November 12th, 2008 · 06:52 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Stay with your idea you have going. Don't give up on yourself or doubt yourself. You have a idea for a song. Don't try to force the lyrics if you are coming up with a blank at the moment. Take your time and just go with it. Sometimes when I write I start and I draw a blank but I'll come back to it. It might be a day or even a week..or just a few hours. Sometimes I will go to another project and then go back to something I was doing before. Somehow it seems to fall in place.... Keep at it...Best of luck

Flyer
#5November 14th, 2008 · 05:12 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
So whats with the 'You cant write shit.....' etc ? in capitals!
Did you want to bump your thread but forgot you were logged in as your self ?

I'd say you need to have another one and either do it or sit down and put it in a finer perspective (the details).
Your piece is strong enough to be 'expanded on' , all the way from 'killing the memory' to 'not doing it any more'...stop, thats a whole song....you just need to make the music for it !

Server Time: May 2nd, 2024 · 1:08 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.