Don't want to be
Satisfied, Satisfied

Just barely tolerate
This burdened mental state
Don't want to be...

Thrown away so much
Never was good enough
Satisfied

There's not much to read into here. Kind of straight forward...problem is, it sounds generic to me and maybe it's more the music with it.
The feeling I wanted to portrait was a building of tension and a slight (very slight) release, but leaving on a suspended chord.
I guess I'd have to download the music too, but what do you think about the structure?
#2December 22nd, 2005 · 12:04 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
2nd try
ok... unfortunately, my earlier try at this was lost to bit-oblivion... sucked into the data-maelstrom between the "post" button and the dreaded "page cannot be found" screen...

Ok... so... The structure is good, because the lyrics do exactly what you wanted them to do... Building up tension, with a slight release, and leaving on a suspended chord.

It seems your lyrics address generic feelings indeed, as there isn't really a story or a plot, but an evolution of thoughts instead. Depicting mechanisms of the mind, in relation to a hidden history, for the observer to fill in by personal association.

So there are suggestible words and phrases that link into the observer's current mood, to pull him deeper into the atmospheres surrounding him/her - I think that's good, and why the lyrics work. Their meaning greatly depend on the music that you'll put to them. I can imagine these lyrics drowsily hovering over a new age track, aswell as hysterically cried in a Carl Orff-ish rhythm to a really speedy metal piece. And ofcourse, to almost everything in between.

Ok interested: what kind of music do you have to this?
#3December 22nd, 2005 · 12:20 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
re: 2nd try
PuppetXeno wrote…
I can imagine these lyrics drowsily hovering over a new age track, aswell as hysterically cried in a Carl Orff-ish rhythm to a really speedy metal piece. And ofcourse, to almost everything in between.

Ok interested: what kind of music do you have to this?

ummm...New Age, not so much. Speedy metal, sometimes. Carl who?
And music is completely generic, you want to try something, go right ahead.

No...actually, I don't know what genre of music I really had in mind, like you said, it could be done a number of ways. But as far as progression, it's a basic one and sounds like everything else. I really like these lyrics but I'm stumped, in a rut, when it comes to being compositionally (is that a word) creative. At least, right now, I am. I haven't written a song in about a month.
#4December 22nd, 2005 · 12:27 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
O Fortuna
Carl Orff (1895-1982) composed the Carmina Burana...
#5December 22nd, 2005 · 12:35 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
btw
I'll see if I can play something to those lyrics if you don't mind
#6December 22nd, 2005 · 12:43 PM
13 threads / 1 songs
408 posts
United States of America
No I don't mind  And feel free to experiment with whatever genre. I'm open to new ideas. Thanks.

EDIT:"Orff's simple melodies and distinctive pulsing rhythms are often puctuated with points of raw barbaric power."-Adrian Tan
ummm-maybe not that open to raw barbaric power, but something like it.
#7January 22nd, 2006 · 07:10 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Creative, your lyrics make me feel sad 

I think they're lovely, but (as has been said in other lyrics' posts) really would like to hear them set to music.  It'll be interesting to hear Puppet's creation for this - somehow I don't put your words and his music together at the moment - but he does seem to have the ability to surprise!! (So come on Puppet - get to work!  )

Oh, and well done for using the word "demulcent" - I thought my understanding of the English language was pretty good, but I had to look that one up!

#8May 3rd, 2006 · 02:12 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
They sound self sadistic, man they bring me down, if that was the intended mood, by god you definitely succeeded. I think it might be interesting to have a lead somewhre, covered with a monologue, not being sung but just spoken.

P.S. has a touch of J.D.Salinger.....
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:40 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.