#1August 2nd, 2013 · 12:11 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I picked up a trick some time back when trying to record Ac guitar in a studio. I was lucky the mix engineer was a guitar player.. He suggested I move my fingers just slightly to the fleshier parts of the fingers when sliding.  Stay off the callous part.  Work well, after some practice I started to get the technique down. I'm not perfect with it cause every so often I get string squeaks, but not nearly as loud or as bad.
#2August 2nd, 2013 · 02:02 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
I picked up a trick some time back when trying to record Ac guitar in a studio. I was lucky the mix engineer was a guitar player.. He suggested I move my fingers just slightly to the fleshier parts of the fingers when sliding.  Stay off the callous part.  Work well, after some practice I started to get the technique down. I'm not perfect with it cause every so often I get string squeaks, but not nearly as loud or as bad.
I don't seem to suffer from it, I subconsciously learned to move my fingertips in a way that almost eliminates Fret noise. If I analyse how I play, my figures a fairly at right angles, finger pressure just enough, and most of the time my fingers almost lift up and along the fretboard. I suppose I play so many slow to medium tempo music, I seldom slide, unless I need the effect.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:05 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.