#1December 1st, 2012 · 01:06 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Reducing Sliding Fret Noise
Many of us guitarist don't even realise the fret noise you get from a guitar, mostly on an acoustic.
This is the correct way to reduce it

This is a clever piece of engineering - Audio Cleaning Lab, seen it for £24.00 in the UK, not bad I think.
This is thier website http://www.magix.com/gb/audio-cleaning-lab/detail/

#2December 2nd, 2012 · 08:46 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
great find there Denis. This helped a lot. Thank you
#3December 9th, 2012 · 04:14 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah that's a great explanation. Actually in my teens I was trying to figure out how to *produce* the squeek as I liked the sound, but seemed to be unable to produce it. Using compression can really bring it a lot up in the mix, but by adjusting compressor settings it can be brought almost completely down too.
#4August 2nd, 2013 · 12:11 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I picked up a trick some time back when trying to record Ac guitar in a studio. I was lucky the mix engineer was a guitar player.. He suggested I move my fingers just slightly to the fleshier parts of the fingers when sliding.  Stay off the callous part.  Work well, after some practice I started to get the technique down. I'm not perfect with it cause every so often I get string squeaks, but not nearly as loud or as bad.
#5August 2nd, 2013 · 02:02 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
I picked up a trick some time back when trying to record Ac guitar in a studio. I was lucky the mix engineer was a guitar player.. He suggested I move my fingers just slightly to the fleshier parts of the fingers when sliding.  Stay off the callous part.  Work well, after some practice I started to get the technique down. I'm not perfect with it cause every so often I get string squeaks, but not nearly as loud or as bad.
I don't seem to suffer from it, I subconsciously learned to move my fingertips in a way that almost eliminates Fret noise. If I analyse how I play, my figures a fairly at right angles, finger pressure just enough, and most of the time my fingers almost lift up and along the fretboard. I suppose I play so many slow to medium tempo music, I seldom slide, unless I need the effect.
#6August 2nd, 2013 · 02:14 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
anymore I usually only get string squeaks when I'm pushing it  a bit.  I also lift my fingers up off the strings when doing a lot of chordal movement.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.