#1October 15th, 2012 · 06:21 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
you are attempting to learn a fairly advanced piece of music,  To learn to read music you should start at the beginning, learning the notes on the staff, what ll the symbols mead etc.  Beginning piano books, or something along those lines.. There are also some websites that teach music and piano..

I also really like Mark Levine's Jazz theory book. 

I can read and used to be real good at sight reading,  Not so good at sight reading anymore, it's something you have to practice and keep up at it.  It only takes time. So what else are you going to do.. If you want to learn it and be able to sight read.. Practice practice practice..
#2October 15th, 2012 · 12:23 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
you are attempting to learn a fairly advanced piece of music,  To learn to read music you should start at the beginning, learning the notes on the staff, what ll the symbols mead etc.  Beginning piano books, or something along those lines.. There are also some websites that teach music and piano..

I also really like Mark Levine's Jazz theory book. 

I can read and used to be real good at site reading,  Not so good at sight reading anymore, it's something you have to practice and keep up at it.  It only takes time. So what else are you going to do.. If you want to learn it and be able to sight read.. Practice practice practice..

Thanks Goat - Good practical advice - I ordered a book from Amazon, should get it Wednesday, it's had good reviews.  Like you said I need to start from the beginning, and practice. I've no problem practising, so long as I'm making progress. I've been practising or playing should I say my new Casio Digital Piano EVERY DAY since I got it about ten days ago - I love it. I see it as a good songwriting tool, but I need to become more familiar with it before I can create well.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.