#1November 3rd, 2006 · 12:13 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
how to..
haha, spoony.

it's a good idea create a "guide for the newbie performer"!! speccially in the Lessons Forum.

The first thing i thought was the movie School of Rock, when we saw it, my brothers and wife said "that's you when you play"

I use to make a Shido Chow (in spanish means something as cool performance). sometimes I dance or jump, or just see what's the reactions in the audience.

here it goes one of my favorites things to do before-diring-after playing:

BEFORE:

I do some exercises for the fingers (that helps specially when you play under the rain), a couple of movements for the arms and legs, jumps, and sometimes screaaam....

I use to drink the house's mix: lemmon and honey with a chamomille tea. and then a liquor as tequila.

I never tought in the costumes, sometimes in the haircut (one day i get a punk mohawk before the show to be 'original' and the bassist of the other band did the same  )

DURING

I always get a beer on stage and when I got nothing to say I just get up the beer and I say Cheers!!

I never ask the audience about what they want to hear because I never know what they want. So, never ask is a good way to create a good impression.

If i dance-jump-slam i try to interact with the audience, but ('cause it supposed to be a guide) don't try the "audience swiming" because they don't catch you, that could happen if your weight is upper than 80 kgs...

A good point is: If someone of your band mistakes (as forget the notes, the lyrics, etc.) try to act as it was practiced before. and DON'T fight on stage.

AFTER

when you down the stage, don't try to make friends (you are a rockstar) make fans!! lol 

Dodo
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.