1 2
#16March 12th, 2009 · 01:51 PM
1 threads
Canada
i'm not sure how to piece together my song, because i didn't build it the same way you described.

i saved about 10 loops/.flp files which contain all of the instruments, but are separate parts of the song. for example i have a .flp file that is for the intro to the song, one for the bridge, etc. basically the song is complete already, it is just separated into small parts.

is there any way to put them all together in fruity loops in chronological order to make a full song? i am confused because FL won't let me load more than one of my loops at the same time, so i'm not sure how to get them all into the playlist window. i got fed up and tried piecing them together in ableton, but the end of my loops wont seems cut off or something, because they don't sync seamlessly with one another.

very confused. read several tutorials already. was hoping you could help?
#17March 12th, 2009 · 04:32 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Yes, that seems to be a very confused way of putting things together.  The only way to do this is to reload each .flp and bounce them down to .wav's... then load up a master .flp and drag each of the wav's into the playlist (either upper or lower portion, depending on what version of FL you have)... then arrange from there.  I'm not sure why you would choose the method you have for producing but each to his own... I would highly recommend that you complete your tune in one .flp in the future to avoid confusion.  If resources are an issue , consider bouncing each part to .wav as you complete it and reimporting...
#18March 12th, 2009 · 05:49 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
I've got a suggestion: Try exporting all of the .flps except for one (the one you want to stick with as your master, ideally either the first verse/intro or whichever has the most data) to midi files, then import them into the master flp. You'll still have to create the instruments by hand, but you can at least get the sequencer data this way.

Also, you could save all of your instrument settings from each part of the songs into presets and load them into the master.

Let me know if you need more details about how to do any of this, or if this doesn't make sense.

-David
#19April 19th, 2009 · 03:24 PM
Nice tutorials. I'm a beginning VG Remixer (I'm a member of OC Remix) but I came here for tutorials and to maybe post Original songs here.
#20April 19th, 2009 · 03:35 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
welcome to the amp!
#21May 31st, 2009 · 09:48 AM
1 threads
Albania
Thanks
  Thanks very very helpful
#22June 4th, 2009 · 11:23 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
kant wrote…
i'm not sure how to piece together my song, because i didn't build it the same way you described.

i saved about 10 loops/.flp files which contain all of the instruments, but are separate parts of the song. for example i have a .flp file that is for the intro to the song, one for the bridge, etc. basically the song is complete already, it is just separated into small parts.

is there any way to put them all together in fruity loops in chronological order to make a full song? i am confused because FL won't let me load more than one of my loops at the same time, so i'm not sure how to get them all into the playlist window. i got fed up and tried piecing them together in ableton, but the end of my loops wont seems cut off or something, because they don't sync seamlessly with one another.

Personally I'm not too familiar with FL but my guess is you could copy a desired pattern with it's settings from one file and paste it into a new file, then go to the other files, copy desired patterns and paste them to the same file where you put the first pattern. All in new patterns ofcourse so everything will be put together in one file. It seems quite a tedious job and I'm not even sure FL can copy patterns and instrument settings, but if it can't it surely should!
#23June 4th, 2009 · 03:45 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: ...
PuppetXeno wrote…
kant wrote…

Personally I'm not too familiar with FL but my guess is you could copy a desired pattern with it's settings from one file and paste it into a new file, then go to the other files, copy desired patterns and paste them to the same file where you put the first pattern. All in new patterns ofcourse so everything will be put together in one file. It seems quite a tedious job and I'm not even sure FL can copy patterns and instrument settings, but if it can't it surely should!

Unlike Cubase there is no saving of the Arrangement in FL but you can export the 'Project Bones' from FL into a folder which will give you separate folders, each with the relative settings files within it : Mixer, Channel, Automation, Score and Effects.
kant : If you export the 'Bones' for every pattern/loop then import whichever settings / samples you want into a 'master' track, you can then re-construct it. You will have to re-construct the whole thing anyway whichever way you choose.
PX : FL wont open more than one .flp at a time, and you cant 'copy and paste' between one song and another, well I tried after reading this and it wouldn't paste the channel I copied from another song.
#24August 4th, 2009 · 08:58 PM
2 threads
Canada
hey i problem playing the song... when i press space to play the song it seems that it only plays one of the patterns.. how can i fix this problem???
#25August 5th, 2009 · 09:16 AM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
Press L
#26August 5th, 2009 · 03:16 PM
2 threads
Canada
thanks man
#27May 5th, 2011 · 05:00 AM
2 threads
United Kingdom
Excellent
Just came across this tutorial using FL Studio 9 - best tutorial by far I've found!

many thanks for taking the time to put this together
#28February 8th, 2012 · 12:31 PM
4 threads
28 posts
Bangladesh
hmm, Though I'm using the pro 8.
But I heard much about the 9. I will update this very soon........

Are you looking for Music or Musician!
1 2
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:14 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.