1 2 3
#31July 10th, 2009 · 02:28 AM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
Thanks! I love hearing how many people I've been able to help.

Oh, and it was the number 1 result on Google for a long time, until Google bought youtube. Now its the second result after a youtube video - go figure >_
#32July 22nd, 2009 · 01:21 AM
1 threads
United States of America
Thanks for this. Please do more, especially the mixer =]
#33November 8th, 2009 · 12:16 PM
1 threads
Germany
Thanks
Hey man  THANK YOU  for putting it into laymans terms    or for dummies  because this program is sooooo complex     which is good but you really need to learn what is what and where is this and how do I do this, or my  personal one that i always say    WTF?   lol 

This tutorial has helped me a lot

DJ Pinocchio
#34November 16th, 2009 · 07:16 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
I learned a lot from that small tutorial. One problem though, I'm using FL Studio 9 (demo) and I've got a whackload of extra buttons on the top bar... Also, the piano roll input doesn't work for me; when I "draw" in a little green box, it only lets me stack on more bars on that same note - is there something that I have to change in order to remove that kind of lock? (I want to input more green bars instead of just the small one or "stacking"...)

Sorry, I had a really "gradeschool" vocabulary choice in asking my question. Anyways, thanks for the quick guide!

--XFactor--
#35November 17th, 2009 · 03:25 AM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
Wow, I guess FL Studio has changed quite a bit over the pst 3 years... o.0

Anyways, I don't really fully understand the problem you're describing, but my best suggestion would be to toy with the different tools (selected in the upper left corner.... unless that's changed too!) and see if any of them give you the desired results.
#36November 17th, 2009 · 01:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Went looking for a screen shot, found this one :
http://www.sound-unsound.com/forums/news-reviews/3342-fl-studio-9-arrives-better-performance-more-toys-more-editing.html

It seams the buttons on the pianoroll are still there

XFactor wrote…
I learned a lot from that small tutorial. One problem though, I'm using FL Studio 9 (demo) and I've got a whackload of extra buttons on the top bar... Also, the piano roll input doesn't work for me; when I "draw" in a little green box, it only lets me stack on more bars on that same note - is there something that I have to change in order to remove that kind of lock? (I want to input more green bars instead of just the small one or "stacking"...)

Sorry, I had a really "gradeschool" vocabulary choice in asking my question. Anyways, thanks for the quick guide!

--XFactor--

Like WDK says ... play with the buttons ot the top top right of the piano roll; draw, delete, select etc, and try Ctrl+click or Alt+click / drag , this works in Cubase and Wavelab. You can also hover over a block or 'red selection' of more than one block, the icon will change depending where you hover, and you should be able to drag the block longer or shorter.
And dont forget the 'note properties': velocity, pan, release etc by clicking the gray 'empty' space bottom left of the piano roll.   
#37December 17th, 2009 · 03:53 AM
4 threads
2 posts
Bangladesh
thanks...........
thanks 4 this.
#38March 31st, 2010 · 03:42 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Happy Fruity Tutorial Day
Happy Birthday WillyDK
Thanks for your immense contribution to bandAMP, these tutorials of yours are literally world famous !  
Your birthday is a good moment to remind everyone of this.
#39March 31st, 2010 · 05:26 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
awww thank you kings! This is the first time I've had someone mention my birthday on here before over the years, I really appreciate it!

Also it's crazy to think that I'm 20 now, and when I wrote this tutorial I was 16! hahaha. I still love hearing that people are still using this even though it is woefully out of date.
#40March 31st, 2010 · 06:11 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Time for an update?
#41May 3rd, 2010 · 03:16 AM
1 threads
Australia
WDK you're a lifesaver....this little forum has restored my sanity. I've been in and around music most of my life but have only recently discovered the wonders of working with a DAW. Before I read this it was as if FL Studio was this box full of amazing stuff but I'd lost the key (no muical pun intended)...this has opened the box, and it's sooooo simple, can't think why I didn't "get it before", thanks mate, you've made an ageing Aussie very happy.
1 2 3
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.