#1April 21st, 2010 · 07:45 AM
3 threads
United Kingdom
FL HELP!
Im new to FL, fresh from REASON ..
FL seems more powerful with more options .. but its very hard to get to know where everything is ...
i must have watched a thousand tutorials ..
Anyway, .. what im stuck with is ...
ive made a basic drum Pattern (Pattern1) using the Bass, Snare, Clap, Hat. and made them so they all go to mixer FX8, then ive added an FX to that channel (EFFECTRIX) .. and everything seems well and good .. and put it in the Playlist, so it plays as a song .. everything is good ...then, ..
i make another Pattern (Pattern2), .. same process.. and make them all go to Mixer FX9, then add another FX (EFFECTRIX AGAIN) .. everything ok ..
Then add it to the Playlist as Pattern2 After Pattern1 and play it as a SONG!
But, .. Both EFFECTRIX are playing on pattern1 and Pattern2 ..
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!??
Shouldnt the first EFFECTRIX on FX8 just start as its playing pattern1 and the second EFFECTRIX on FX9 start when Pattern2 startts playing.??
Please HELP!!??
Cheers ..
#2April 21st, 2010 · 09:28 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I'm no expert, but are you selecting pattern two before you assign it?, Hence I use Ezdrummer with FL and that's how I do it. So I simple click on the pattern no first, find a loop/rhythm, drag the pattern into FL channel, then another box appears and click OK. Sorry it's very vague, probably will be no help at all...lol

One of our members, 'Marino' is an expert, why not send him a PM, I think he's done a couple of video tutorials, youtube name is 'The Marino Experiment' or simply 'marino experiment', I'll try and give you a link later.

EDIT**

http://www.youtube.com/user/Marinoexperiment#p/a/u/2/64Sk6Nkuago

EDIT 2**
This is part one I think

http://www.youtube.com/user/Marinoexperiment#p/u/3/qrr8KGqgxAU
#3April 21st, 2010 · 11:40 AM
3 threads
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply..
Maybe ive made it sound more complicated than it is ...  Basically ..
I wanna use EFFECTRIX on a couple of my patterns but they wont go straight onto my patterns
So i have to assign all my Pattern1 instruments to the mixer(5)
So, from pattern 1 ive assigned Drums, Clap + Snare to mixer 5 and added EFFECTRIX to one of
the FX Slots .. Sounds cool .. .. ..
Then , i make another Patter(2) and do the same (assigned Drums, Clap + Snare to mixer 6 and added EFFECTRIX to one of the FX Slots) .. this sounds Cool..
The problem is .. the song playlist editor window .. ive got PATTERN1 then PATTERN2
but when it plays, pattern1 and pattern 2 EFFECTRIX both plays at the same time .
Shouldnt Pattern1 EFFECTRIX just kickin when pattern1 is being played.. and so on ..?
(Is that better?)
Cheers..
#4April 21st, 2010 · 12:45 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Mozzy wrote…
Thanks for the reply..
Maybe ive made it sound more complicated than it is ...  Basically ..
I wanna use EFFECTRIX on a couple of my patterns but they wont go straight onto my patterns
So i have to assign all my Pattern1 instruments to the mixer(5)
So, from pattern 1 ive assigned Drums, Clap + Snare to mixer 5 and added EFFECTRIX to one of
Then , i make another Patter(2) and do the same (assigned Drums, Clap + Snare to mixer 6 and added EFFECTRIX to one of the FX Slots) .. this sounds Cool..
The problem is .. the song playlist editor window .. ive got PATTERN1 then PATTERN2
but when it plays, pattern1 and pattern 2 EFFECTRIX both plays at the same time .
Shouldnt Pattern1 EFFECTRIX just kickin when pattern1 is being played.. and so on ..?
(Is that better?)
Cheers..

I'm not familiar with what you are trying to do, Try contacting Marino as I suggested
#5April 21st, 2010 · 01:41 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
If I understand you, you have two channels and two instances of EFFECTRIX
I just checked out Effectrix, does it effect a single channel you send to it or can you send more than one channel to it?

Should it not say ".....Snare to mixer channel 5 " ?

Maybe you just cant open more than one EFFECTRIX    sounds very restrictive but it could be.....
#6April 21st, 2010 · 01:47 PM
3 threads
United Kingdom
Should it not say ".....Snare to mixer channel 5 " ?
Yeah, Sorry .. its mixer channel 5 .. ive not got 5 mixers ..

its a shame if i can only have one Effectrix open ..
Does this mean, . when i want effectrix to kick in, i have to tell it to .. somehow .. do u know how to .?
#7April 21st, 2010 · 02:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I dont know if you can only open one instance of Effectrix.....just seams a logical answer if I've understood your question properly.

You'd use automation to tell it to start anyway would you not?
Have you tried automation on both Effectrixes to see if you really have one or two open?

OK you have 5 mixers, then it should be 'mixer 5', unless your sending it to channel 5 on A mixer!
#8April 24th, 2010 · 07:07 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
United States of America
Basically, you are trying to add an effect to a pattern?
Try to move the pattern in the mixer to an "insert" slot. Then click on that insert. To the far right of the mixer, you will see where it is labeled 1 thru 8 with arrows to the right of the numbers. Click on the arrow and go to presets. and find effectrix. Hopefully this helps.
Also are all the drum pieces separate patterns? If that is the case, there is a little green light in the pattern area the indicates pattern selected. Click on each pattern to turn on this light one at a time. while the light is on that pattern, link it to effectrix.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: July 26th, 2024 · 8:07 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.
Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/bandamp/sess_5rjs0an872i8mj4t71md4m1a57, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp/bandamp) in Unknown on line 0