#1July 22nd, 2006 · 11:45 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
Reverb typically helps widen up the sound of your voice. You can try chorus to give it a bit more impact, or even a very short delay has a similar effect. There are places where you want to be sparing, and places where you can load up as much FX as your cpu can handle. It all depends on the sound you're going for.

For example, not that Eyes open is necessarily a great example to follow, but on the verse I used reverb, automated a send channel with delay, and a compressor on my vocals, and the delay was mostly for rhythm, not really enhancing my voice at all.

However, on the "i can see i can see" part my voice was running (in this order) through a vocoder (the vocoder in FL is really crappy, it was just for coloration, nothing like the one in cubase I used on drifting) then chorus, then a Filter with the cutoff being modulated by a peak controller, then reeverb, and lastly a compressor. Oh, and it was layered in 3 part harmony.

Anyways, more than anything just experiment. Many a good discovery has been made by mistake.
#2May 24th, 2007 · 08:46 PM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
WillyDavidK wrote…
Reverb typically helps widen up the sound of your voice. You can try chorus to give it a bit more impact, or even a very short delay has a similar effect. There are places where you want to be sparing, and places where you can load up as much FX as your cpu can handle. It all depends on the sound you're going for.

For example, not that Eyes open is necessarily a great example to follow, but on the verse I used reverb, automated a send channel with delay, and a compressor on my vocals, and the delay was mostly for rhythm, not really enhancing my voice at all.

However, on the "i can see i can see" part my voice was running (in this order) through a vocoder (the vocoder in FL is really crappy, it was just for coloration, nothing like the one in cubase I used on drifting) then chorus, then a Filter with the cutoff being modulated by a peak controller, then reeverb, and lastly a compressor. Oh, and it was layered in 3 part harmony.

Anyways, more than anything just experiment. Many a good discovery has been made by mistake.

hehehe WET reverb......hahaha thats cool
yea just recentlly i have been
experimentingwith reverb I like the way
it sounds but.. also with PD i dont see why
you would want to change your voice
I love it just the way it is Its like
an Amy Lee type voice except higher
I think its cool but thats just my
opinoin or maybe just maybe you should
embrace who your are.....DANG! I sound
like frieken oprah!!! I need to
do something manly!!! (rips out chest hairs)
OOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!    
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 4th, 2024 · 12:10 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.