#1January 24th, 2010 · 08:58 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Building instruments?
Does anyone have experiences in building instruments or effect gear?
It doesn't matter if they are acoustic or electronic.
Show up your plans, blue prints or drawings of assembly or manufacturing printing circuits and of course the result, YOUR PRODUCT.
#2January 24th, 2010 · 12:33 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
i remember toastedgoat built some type of strat a little while ago didn't he? that was toastedgoat right?
#3January 24th, 2010 · 04:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
When I was about 15, I couldn't afford a mutli-tracker and used two basic tape recorders to multi-track, the results were fair considering I was recording into the built mics.
I recorded one track, then used cables to record the second track onto another tape recorder, adding a layer through the built-in mic.

It was great fun
#4January 24th, 2010 · 05:54 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TheKunadiun wrote…
i remember toastedgoat built some type of strat a little while ago didn't he? that was toastedgoat right?

Yes, http://forum.bandamp.com/Gear_Talk/18631.html

(Google search tips are so cool:   "toastedgoat custom guitar site:bandamp.com"  ... try it !)
#5January 25th, 2010 · 09:26 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Long time ago, long before I started my studies in electrical and communications engineering I was interested how to build an analog synthesizer.
There was a technical magazine they brought out circuit diagrams and instructions how to make printed circuits.
So I bought all the stuff to do this. Copied the conducting paths on transmissible films, exposed them on the blanks (pertinax or epoxyd) and etched away the copper what was not needed (Fe3Cl). Drilled holes and inserted electronic components.
I assembled a keyboard and connected it to the keyboard scanner unit which was connected to the voltage controlled oscillator unbit, which was connected to an amp.
And hey.... I heard a tone and different tones by pressing other keys.
These parts were not even placed in a cover so all circuits where wired on the fly.
Now after all these years I guess some parts survived. All I have to do is to build a new power supply...

...maybe the story goes on
#6January 26th, 2010 · 01:19 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
Long time ago, long before I started my studies in electrical and communications engineering I was interested how to build an analog synthesizer.
There was a technical magazine they brought out circuit diagrams and instructions how to make printed circuits.
So I bought all the stuff to do this. Copied the conducting paths on transmissible films, exposed them on the blanks (pertinax or epoxyd) and etched away the copper what was not needed (Fe3Cl). Drilled holes and inserted electronic components.
I assembled a keyboard and connected it to the keyboard scanner unit which was connected to the voltage controlled oscillator unbit, which was connected to an amp.
And hey.... I heard a tone and different tones by pressing other keys.
These parts were not even placed in a cover so all circuits where wired on the fly.
Now after all these years I guess some parts survived. All I have to do is to build a new power supply...

...maybe the story goes on

Hmm.... you could build an AMP for BandAMP,,,,lol

You must be a very clever MAN, I could manage a soldering Iron, with my glasses on....lol
#7January 26th, 2010 · 03:58 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I actually just built a delay pedal from scratch a few months ago with my dads help. we got a copper plate, printed the circuit board layout on it using an iron and the printed design on glossy magazine paper. we got the design for the circuit board for the delay pedal online somewhere. we figured out all the parts we'd need and ordered all of em and finished the circuit board and we soldered everything on and drilled holes in this metal box we ordered and stuck it all in there and BAM it works and its totally awesome.
ill upload pics of all of it later.

it was really fun and now ive got a delay pedal and the parts and everything only cost me about $40 -45ish when it was all done.
#8February 7th, 2010 · 08:53 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
WHAT!!!   Sitting here in awe...Building your own equipment???  I can barely build a stack of pancakes.  haha.
#9February 7th, 2010 · 11:32 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
I have plans to build a cool Les Paul , then tele guitar (from wool blanks)  then I am going to dive into building a custom hotrodded (think splawn amps or hughes and kettner ) all tube combo amp with built in midi controlled effects.. I am going to try to solicit the help of amp builder extraordinaire (one you guys probably haven't heard of ,, Dennis Daily).   I can't afford his amp  $3000.00 starting.. plus I want a stereo combo amp (close mic'n) .  1/2 power switch with leveling controls. custom fane speakers.  I don't have all the drawings down yet.. But I do have most of the features wanted and tonal aspects down.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:14 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.