#1May 3rd, 2006 · 08:05 AM
1 threads
9 posts
United States of America
Any sites on Raeding Music?
Does anyone konw any sites that can teach me?
#2May 3rd, 2006 · 02:37 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Teach me in what?

awesome glasses

but welcome on BandAMP
#3May 3rd, 2006 · 04:31 PM
1 threads
9 posts
United States of America
Teach me to read music, I love singing, but I can't read music! 
#4May 3rd, 2006 · 05:21 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
I think many of us could manage to teach you.....
#5May 3rd, 2006 · 05:24 PM
1 threads
9 posts
United States of America
Really?? Would you?! *LOVES this place already* I mean I figured, but I didn';t think anyone would... So email me if you'd do that, please! terramorrigannix -at- gmail.com
*note: replace -at- with @
#6May 3rd, 2006 · 05:46 PM
7 threads
104 posts
United Kingdom
Plenty of small books around on the subject. I have 'The Basic Guide To: How To Read Music' by Helen Cooper. Pub: Omnibus Press ISBN 0-7119-0095-7. Goes from the barking obvious to the Royal College of Music in 80 pages. Enough to get you started and then good as a reference once in a while.

I also have this site bookmarked in case I ever have to play in a hotel lounge when I get old:
http://www.soundfeelings.com/free/music-reading.htm
(sight reading tips).

Of course we're all assuming that you are sitting in front of a piano ! If you play guitar & want to learn to read music, then I think it's a lot harder (that's how I started), which is why Tab was invented ('cos guitarists can't read music and as for drummers.... ). Anyway, learning to read music on the piano made much more sense.

Good Luck.
#7May 3rd, 2006 · 06:48 PM
1 threads
9 posts
United States of America
Yeah, I have a keyboard, so I can do it that way...
#8May 8th, 2006 · 11:31 AM
#9May 8th, 2006 · 11:34 AM
1 threads
9 posts
United States of America
Thank you
#10May 29th, 2006 · 02:23 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
101 posts
United States of America
reading music.
You can do what Zappa did when he began writing music. He wrote "the dots" and then got his HS orchestra to play it for him. OK, so that's impractical, right? The fastest was would be to work with a human, so they could fix your mistakes that much faster, and get you over the "plateaus" (spelling?)--sometimes you might get stuck in learning.

I've been studying music/theory 2 years. I've been singing since I was in HS. I have a teacher in voice with a double doctorate and conducting. I had no idea that theory and music concepts fill a set of encyclopedia.

This is what he did and it was very helpful to me.

He taught me voice.

He taught me musical intervals by ear. We still do them after 1 year and I still get them wrong sometimes, so you get an idea of how long it can take and not get disgusted. Then he plays a 4-bar sample of simple music, and I have to write what he plays. I sing it, and for me that helps in learing pitch, because I can feel it.

If you can't do it that way, try a program called FINALE. It writes music, and you can play back what you wrote on the computer. It's cool. Essentially, it does what Zappa needed an orchestra to do.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:09 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.