#1May 19th, 2009 · 05:15 AM
5 threads
6 posts
India
In need of help - FL 7
Hi,

I need some help with FL. A friend of mine would use FL whom i am unable to get in touch with now. While playing a track, I noticed that the patterns on the playlist would change or rather switch automatically, i.e. if pattern 1 would run out, it would automatically switch to pattern 2 and then pattern 3 and so on, does anyone know how to do this ?

I went through WillyDavidK's thread on pattern tutorials ! Nice work bro, i got to learn some neat stuff, however i wasnt able to learn what ive just asked above. Do you have any idea?

Mindsatplay, could u help with ur knowledge of FL?

Thanks
#2May 19th, 2009 · 02:09 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Well, If im not mistaken you are in "pattern" mode which plays the same pattern over and over... if you want to "arrange" the patterns you need to switch to "song" mode.  Up next to the play button at the top of FL are two lil orange lights...one labeled "pat" and one labeled "song"... Click song to go into song mode and then click the "playlist" icon at the top right of the screen which will bring up the arrangement window...  Audio goes in the top part of the screen and patterns go into the bottom... you will see at the bottom half of screen that it has
several rows listed as pattern 1, pattern 2 and so on... so this is where you will place the "arrangement" of patterns...once you've done that, hit the big play button, making sure you are in "song" mode and FL will play the patterns as they are arranged in the window...

rereading your thread, i have doubts that this is what you are asking for...if not, im not sure what it is you are trying to do?  If so, please help me understand a lil better what it is you are trying to accomplish and i will dig in and find out how to do it...
#3May 19th, 2009 · 02:51 PM
5 threads
6 posts
India
Hi Mindatplay,

I got what ur saying and i tried it out as well, it works.

However what i was asking is that, there is a way of moving from one pattern to another on the upper half of the playlist window itself. When in song mode, all the patterns on the upper half play at the same time, instead there is a way of playing pattern 1 then moving to pattern 2 (from the beginning without playing any other pattern) then moving to pattern 3 (after completing pattern 2 and without playing any other pattern) and so on...

I saw the pattern tutorial and how beats can be made through it.

However ur method of placing patterns on the below half of the playlist also serves the purpose.

Thanks
#4May 20th, 2009 · 01:11 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Interesting question, because what your asking can very easily be done on other sequencing programs but I also dont know how you'd do it in FL.
Would it be through the automation or is there a 'play through patterns' button ?

Though I must admit the first thing that came to my mind was why the hell do you need to do this in FL?
The whole point of FL is that you can place the individual patterns on the playlist, and play them that way.
#5May 20th, 2009 · 03:09 AM
5 threads
6 posts
India
kings wrote…
Interesting question, because what your asking can very easily be done on other sequencing programs but I also dont know how you'd do it in FL.
Would it be through the automation or is there a 'play through patterns' button ?

Though I must admit the first thing that came to my mind was why the hell do you need to do this in FL?
The whole point of FL is that you can place the individual patterns on the playlist, and play them that way.

Im new to FL, n did not know tht patterns could be placed as mindsatplay recommended.. plus i had seen that happen earlier so.... no harm in knowing .. thanks for looking in it though.
#6May 20th, 2009 · 01:32 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
FLs dead simple , just keep on experimenting and you'll make the most wonderful stuff!
And then upload it so we can see how far your experimentations took you. 
#7May 21st, 2009 · 05:11 AM
5 threads
6 posts
India
kings wrote…
FLs dead simple , just keep on experimenting and you'll make the most wonderful stuff!
And then upload it so we can see how far your experimentations took you.  ;)

For sure ! Thanks !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:39 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.