#1August 31st, 2005 · 03:57 PM
1 threads
United States of America
new guitar
Hello, guys.  Looks like you have an awesome site put together here.  I found it while i was looking for tabs.  But anyway. 

So, my current guitar is an Epiphone acoustic.  Its an awesome guitar, except for a few dents and scratches in it, but it still sounds as perfect as the day I bought it.  But I'm still thinking about buying an electric guitar.  So if anyone has any recommendations on what kind, it would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU
#2August 31st, 2005 · 04:45 PM
18 posts
United States of America
lookout!
LOOKOUT! you are about to be pulverized...
#3August 31st, 2005 · 05:48 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
go read, before I pulverize you
#4September 1st, 2005 · 09:35 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
to save you a lot of shouting. What everyone's about to say is, only you can decide what guitar is best for you. You shouldn't take input from other guitarists. This conversation is repeated so much in this thread....
#5September 1st, 2005 · 09:54 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
yeah ... in fact can we please make a rule that everyone should be forced to read EVERY previous thread before asking a question?

not being mean to you licentia626, its just that your about the millionth newbie to ask that question.  BTW, welcome to bandAMP - we're all looking forward to hearing your songs and getting to know you, blah, blah, blah!

#6September 2nd, 2005 · 12:17 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
hahahah! once we get a stickies function maybe we'll have a "Must read all stickies before posting" deal just like the "must rate 3 songs to post your own"
#7September 2nd, 2005 · 01:07 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
yeah - thats a brilliant idea!!  might save us all from getting RSI in our fingers from having to answer the same question a zillion times!!
#8September 2nd, 2005 · 05:44 AM
18 posts
United States of America
any one want to put bets on whether or not licentia ever logs in/visits again, anyway?  i think that happens quite often...though the discussions that result from some of these one post wonders can be quite amusing anyway...
#9September 2nd, 2005 · 05:54 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hehe, s/he's prolly like "what?!  i've gotta go looking for stuff?  SCREW ALL YALL."

hahaha, i don't mean to make accusations.  i'm just speculating 
#10September 2nd, 2005 · 11:09 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
yeah, i think certain people (myself included) are a bit harsh on newbies.  we ought to be kinder.  presumably Mud made this site (and pays a lot of money to maintain it) with the dream of making it popular and successful and then selling it.  after all the work he's done and the amount that we've all benefit ted, i think we owe it to him to not do anything to jeopardize that dream.
#11December 10th, 2005 · 03:33 PM
5 posts
United States of America
The guitar you get should depend on your skill, and the kind of music that you like to play
#12December 15th, 2005 · 06:46 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
must read all stickies....lmao....
oh danef....the guitar you get should depend on your wallet..and what kind of music you play
#13December 19th, 2005 · 03:58 AM
1 posts
United Kingdom
you try the action and well how you want it to sound
#14December 6th, 2006 · 08:48 AM
4 threads
7 posts
United States of America
ok, in case your still confused about what you should do, try going around to different music stores and trying out different ones, according to your budget of course, a friend of mines owns a shop and he hates it when people come in and want to try out his good guitars when they know that they cant afford it... anyway just decide accoring to what you want in your guitar and the quality of it
#15December 6th, 2006 · 10:05 AM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
ESP and Ibanez are very good guitars!
They have quality... 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.