#1February 12th, 2008 · 08:49 AM
1 threads
1 posts
United States of America
buying a new ACOUSTIC guitar
Well, I'm finally deciding to buy a solid, premium-sounding, LONG-lasting acoustic guitar. The problem is though, there are so many good brands. I've mainly been looking at Taylor and Breedlove; they both have beautiful sounding guitars that are well priced. My budget is around $700.
So far, I've been looking at Taylor 214 GrandAuditorium and the very beautiful-looking Breedlove AtlasSeries AC25/SR Plus.
Also, I have a major problem that I would have to deal with after buying the acoustic, because I live most of the year overseas in the tropics of Indonesia. I've heard some acoustic horror stories about necks bending because of the humidity.
So, any comments, suggestions, etc?? Also, does anyone have a word regarding Takamine??

Appreciate it. Tim Lewis
#2February 12th, 2008 · 11:59 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
tropics, well then try this one..
http://www.rainsong.com/    they sound good and tropics won't be a factor.

take a good look at the artist list,  they do not have a artist endorsement program. I have yet to get my hands on one of these but I would like to.
#3February 12th, 2008 · 07:54 PM
1 threads
1 posts
United States of America
A graphite guitar?? That's cool. Only problem is, they're around $2000. I think i just need to look for a wood that more tropics-friendly.
#4March 11th, 2008 · 08:51 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Have you considered Alvarez? To tell you the truth, I was consideringthe two models myself but I finally gave up. I think that there are much nicer  guitars for much less. I think alvarez is one of them
#5March 14th, 2008 · 09:21 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
i have a cheap silvercreek guitar that sounds great and plays fantastic... I also have a ibanez acoustic that sounds great ,but doesn't play as well (needs a set up).   Alvarez guitars range from not so good to excellent, I had a alvarez Yari 12 string that was amazing to play and sounded as good a a 3000.00 12 string . I wished I hadn't traded it off.  

There are a lot of good acoustics guitars, Rogue has some that are cheap and playable. Fender has some decent ac guitars,  The taylors I can afford are not as good as some of the other brands withing the same price range(like alvarez). 

I would look around and try out as many guitars as you can.  The silvercreek was a surprise at how good it sounded and played and it was under $ 250.00   plus I have had it for awhile and it plays the same all the time nothing has moved or changed (neck, soundboard, frets, ect.).
#6March 19th, 2008 · 01:12 PM
1 threads
10 posts
United States of America
are either of those considered 'more difficult' to play on?
#7March 26th, 2008 · 11:39 PM
1 posts
Ireland
re: buying a new ACOUSTIC guitar
Improv wrote…
Well, I'm finally deciding to buy a solid, premium-sounding, LONG-lasting acoustic guitar. The problem is though, there are so many good brands. I've mainly been looking at Taylor and Breedlove; they both have beautiful sounding guitars that are well priced. My budget is around $700.
So far, I've been looking at Taylor 214 GrandAuditorium and the very beautiful-looking Breedlove AtlasSeries AC25/SR Plus.
Also, I have a major problem that I would have to deal with after buying the acoustic, because I live most of the year overseas in the tropics of Indonesia. I've heard some acoustic horror stories about necks bending because of the humidity.
So, any comments, suggestions, etc?? Also, does anyone have a word regarding Takamine??

Appreciate it. ~Tim Lewis~

See if you can buy some Cort's. They're amazing for the price you pay and you should get a very nice guitar from Cort for your budget.
#8April 1st, 2008 · 12:21 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Rogue
I have many a Rogue, and must say that for the price, you can't go wrong.... fantastic, tough guitars... I've taken mine in every kind of condition you can think of, and it still plays fantastic.. The intonation is perfect, and the action is great....  My main one, a Dreadnought Cutaway, has been dropped, rained on, left in the car, tossed in the trunk.. taken fishing where is got wet, muddy, worm guts smeared on it, fish juice on it... and still it plays wonderful...  Honestly you can't beat them...
#9May 4th, 2008 · 03:24 PM
3 threads / 3 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Takamine
Well, by now you have probably already purchased your guitar.  But for somebody who is still looking. I own a Martin (with a rare earth sound hole pick up) and a Taylor and can afford any guitar I want. I let my daughter have my Taylor to use for a while and then my Martin which was my favorite needed some work.  I  had a gig so I borrowed my friends Black cutaway Takamine.  When we started playing I could not believe how good that thing sounded plugged in.  By the way it does not sound that good unplugged. 

I later bought that guitar from him. And now when I play live the Martin stays at home.  I’m playing the Takamine.

I have since played other Takamines at the guitar stores and they don’t all sound that good.  But I have also picked up $3000.00 Martins that don’t sound good either.  I would go down to the guitar stores and play as many guitars as you can until you find one with the magic and when you find it….don’t let it get away!

Justin Tyhme
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 8:25 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.