#1February 11th, 2008 · 05:34 AM
2 threads
4 posts
Serbia and Montenegro
Acoustic Guitar Pickups
I have Yamaha F-340 acoustic guitar, and I am wondering what is the best way to record my playing. I am thinking about pickups that temporary mounts in hole, but I don't know what gives better sound. Some people talks about recording with two external microphones, or one internal mic and a pickup, or just a pickup? And what about acoustic guitars that already have pickup? What I really want to ask is, should I sell this one I already have, and buy one that has built in pickup with eq and other stuff, or just a buy 'external' pickup or pay for embedding something like this into my guitar? I am interested what has best ratio money/quality. I want sound that will keep acoustic 'feeling'... 
#2February 11th, 2008 · 05:39 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Nothing is going to replicate an acoustic sound when recording like using a good microphone.  I get away with using a $10 mic to record my guitar, but if you have the money, invest in a good-quality mid-range mic.  You can pick up good dynamic instrument mics for cheap if you know where to look.

Unfortunately, if you're ever planning on performing live, chances are you are going to need some sort of electric amplification that doesn't rely on mics.
#3February 11th, 2008 · 06:08 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I use the fishman Neo D(soundhole pick up) and I think it's very good value for money the output is a bit low but nothing a preamp can't sort out
#4August 13th, 2008 · 06:25 PM
5 threads / 3 songs
13 posts
Canada
I love the Dean Markley. Clean, clear, and cheap.  (Probably WAY late on this...)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 7:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.