#1August 29th, 2005 · 08:57 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
synth instruments
someone on here mentioned a program that they thought the synth sounds were fantastic in..

i've searched the website up and down, and then made google search the site up and down for that particular post that one of you all made and i can't seem to find it

if by chance that person sees my post, or if someone else has a suggestion for me as to what software i might look in to, much thanks would be in order for them.

i'm mainly curious is higher-pitched orchestral string sounds, and also a lower string instrument..  i'm not set on any particular instrument sound yet, so i'm open to ideas, even if it's a wonder vst plugin or something.  i dunno.  i'm just searching for some options right now.  all the crap i find online is... well, crap.

i want a soft, clear, and high-pitched string sound that i can play with... something that sounds nice several octaves higher than the piano-traditional middle-C  without breaking my eardrums.  the intended use of this sound will be background-ish, so it'll be soft.  what i want to make sure of though, is that it's still clear enough that it doesn't sound muddled too badly.  i know some of that clearness comes with the mastering stage of the sounds, so i can take care of that part.
#2August 29th, 2005 · 10:58 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Synth software
#3August 29th, 2005 · 11:21 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
this website is bugging me...

it's throwing false exceptions at Opera, yet refuses to respond to IE.  Firefox is obnoxiously slow (but FF is slow anyway), yet it opens it, with red errors everywhere.

i'll give it time.  maybe they're doing something to the site.  uhg.

i managed to find a poorly mirrored copy of the demo installer.. we shall see what happens though
#4August 29th, 2005 · 12:32 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
dang.  this is just about the least intuitive program i've ever set my mind to.

any pointers on how to operate this beast? their website is down and i don't have much help 
#5August 30th, 2005 · 08:27 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
which beast? a lot of demos are running on this site. you need a real fast pc for fine working.
#6August 30th, 2005 · 08:48 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
no, no, i mean... i can't figure out how to use it   my pc is plenty powerful, but i've been messing with this program for about a day and i'm not catching on how to do anything.. 

you'll have to excuse me for being ignorant on this one. everybody has their time to shine in ignorance, and this is mine

hhoh!  i made it make sound!  this is quite an accomplishment.

now.. where on earth can i find a decent site to find .ens files?  the presets in the demo for this Reaktor5 program are interesting, but none of them are going to make strings for me   i assume i'm going to have to have some simple set of sound that i use as a base track so that Reaktor can manipulate it?
#8September 6th, 2005 · 05:42 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
ah.

i think i've been set on a straighter path

let's find out if this works more like what i thought i was getting in the first place! hehe
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 6:21 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.