#1September 5th, 2007 · 10:09 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
Guitar AMp Thread
ok I have been looking at getting a new guitar rig... The one I have has great warm distortion tones but lacks in the clean ... I thought of getting another amp and using a switching system but I have been shopping around and found some fantastic amps out there....

So far my favorite (way expensive though) is the  Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Road King (not the solo)
This amp has 4 channels ....2 cleaner and 2 rectified.. mutli  tube switching for different sounds within those channels and multiple output tube selections.. it has 2 effects loops built in that can be switched on or off separately ...plus the only  onboard reverb that I have ever liked...

I played on this amp and just loved it... most rectified models I haven't liked cause they lack warmth but this one   was not  harsh ...

I also finally got to play on a Cornford MK 50 ...This is another amazing amp...( don't know the cost of this one though ) I loved the lead  tones I got out of this amp..  

I haven't tried the Mesa Triax preamp yet.. or any of the newer Marshall stuff

I am starting this thread to hopefully get some input from other people on what they think would work best  for a guitar rig that needs to have great cleans and warm full distortion too that is easily switched between the 2
(i have modeling stuff already so I'm looking for "real" amps)

I probably wont get any response to this thread but I thought I would try

any input would be helpful
thanks
greg
#2September 5th, 2007 · 11:35 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
few ideas
you should give a lokk at  hugh and ketner they got some great stuff
Vox ac 30 is always a great amp
#3September 7th, 2007 · 05:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
How about the Fender Twin
#4September 7th, 2007 · 07:10 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Vox ac 30 a classic amp for recording but perhaps not so great for 'fat stack' warm distortion tones. I played a very nice fender valve amp once... I think a fender amp at least 2x12" may suit the kind of music you are going for, and I'd have thought the reverb would sound OK. Mesa Boogie ftw tho but you need the $$$
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 12:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.