#1September 5th, 2007 · 08:44 AM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp
does anyone have expeirience with this preamp?
it looks kinda cheap but I talked to some people
that said it was ok its only $30 and im strapped for
cash so if this is good or only decent im still
probably getting it (unless it just flat out sucks!)
anyway it is a tube preamp so I can change out the
tubes..... right?? im really new to this and I probably
will get a better preamp later but for my basic
bootleg recording setup I think this will work
as god as i need it to.any comments? suggestions?
#2September 5th, 2007 · 09:55 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
yes this is well worth the money ..... I have one and it works great.... I don't know about the changing the tubes thing though... I just used mine like I bought it... but for under 50.00 us dollars ... this preamp equals preamps that range in the 700.00 to 800.00 us dollar range... it has phantom power....phase reverse...+20 db gain
so it's +26 to +60 db or norm +6 to +40 (this is on my model) it has lowz and line in  and outs... I use to use this preamp quit often .....It's sitting on my audio desk right now

It's funny that you posted this cause I was gonna hook it up again and start using it to warm things up .
I have used quite a few preamps  in fact I have a focusrite track master pro that I don't like as well as the ART MP  even though the focusrite cost quite abit more..

If you do not have a preamp and want a decent tube preamp you cannot go wrong with this one..
especially for the price.
#3September 5th, 2007 · 03:44 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
well, im interested in the market just at the moment aswell.
 Is 30 dollars a 2nd hand price, like e-bay?

cos i just checked this out and the cheapest i could find was £35 (which was on sale), and that equates to about 65-70 dollars.

so it looks like ur gettin a bargain!

thanks for pointing it out cos i might invest in this aswell.

Ian
#4September 5th, 2007 · 03:57 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
yes probably ebay price ..I saw one just like mine go for $26.00 US on ebay ( mines older version).
imho it is still worth the new price.
#5September 6th, 2007 · 08:45 AM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
no I NEVER buy any music equipment from
Ebay or the likes just because I dont trust it!!!!
anyway here is the link the preamp is on sale
and Im gonna order it tommorow (i think)
and when xmas rolls around I myself am gona buy a
nice zoom mrs-4 or something to record with but
i digress!!!!!!!!

lol sorry guys this shot i got at the doctors make me
ADD and crazy and what not!!! (not to mention HYPER!!!!!!)
#6September 6th, 2007 · 08:47 AM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
lol i didn't put the link here it is!!
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ART-Tube-MP-Studio-Mic-Preamp?sku=180581
in the clearance the are also preamp tubes for better tone and effects I guess
but does the require major sugery to your preamp? or what?
anyway thanks for the input!!!
#7September 27th, 2007 · 12:05 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I saw a similar preamp by behringer at about the same price does anyone got any detail on it?
#8September 27th, 2007 · 11:42 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
I have purchased several items (make sure sellers have a high rating) on ebay . my favorite guitar was purchased on ebay.. would have cost me  over $1000.00 for it  i got it for $450.00 with featherlite case.  I also bought my alesis drum machine from there no problems.. a couple of mics too  .. so far nothing was damaged or in bad shape .. the guitar was in mint condition  not a blemish and any signs of wear at all..  I have some behringer gear it is OK  for the price.. the thing I like about the art is that it got great reviews from some pro studios  it's cheap but does a real good job.
#9September 28th, 2007 · 12:15 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I've been looking at this for warming up my harmonica recordings---it's been recommended to me over and over again.

My setup right now is a mixer into my audio interface.  Would this just be chained between my mic and my mixer?
#10September 30th, 2007 · 04:29 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I have one right in front of me. I also have the Studio V3, which I use in place of it, as it gives you more control of the degree of tube gain for recording different things. Both are very well priced.

And yes, it would go between your mic and your mixer Avi. The preamp is much better than the mic pres you will find on most mixers, so the gain would come from the unit rather than ur mixer. Also you get the tube tonality for warmth

*However*, if you are gunning for a decent mic pre then you need to have a good mic also. Otherwise it is like buying a ferrari and putting the engine in it from a scooter. If you are on a budget, consider the Studio Projects C1 condensor ($200) for vocals, acoustics etc or the Shure SM-57 ($100) for guitar cabs and general use.

I understand you are strapped for cash so yes, the MP version is going to be an absolute bargain. Then try and get a good deal on an SM-57 on ebay, it is a benchmark in versatility, durable, and at a bargain price for a 'proper' microphone.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.