#1August 14th, 2005 · 08:19 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Australia
Guitar/Pc Interface
Hi im wondering what are the options on guitar to pc inputs ect
Iv been using my computers onboard soundcard into cooledit pro, but im getting crap sound as you can imagine.
Iv heard of 'mbox' but thats about all i know of, so any devices of that kind... you know what i mean.

im also pretty low on money coz im a student

thnx
#2August 14th, 2005 · 11:36 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
uhhh... maybe doing your reading on this forum might help you... I've pretty much answered your question... RMFP... read my fine posts which i've already painstakingly constructed for the viewing pleasure of non-hard-looking people like you

with that said, because I can tell you're lazy... you might consider (ewww, *shudder*) something as horridly cheap as the JamLab "personal guitar system" from M-Audio. M-Audio is a solid company so I'm sure it's a good bet.

Please do your research though, questions like this have pretty much been covered by now.
#3August 15th, 2005 · 12:57 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
Australia
oops...
sorry dude next time i will check it all out
thnx for ur advice there but
#4August 15th, 2005 · 02:42 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
no worries
#5August 15th, 2005 · 10:49 AM
6 threads / 3 songs
62 posts
United States of America
*vomits*
just plain bad
#6August 16th, 2005 · 12:37 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
crystalcherry? so, uhhh... what's yer problem, now??

what... you don't like the JamLab thinger?
#7August 17th, 2005 · 11:01 AM
6 threads / 3 songs
62 posts
United States of America
Honesty
entheon wrote…
crystalcherry? so, uhhh... what's yer problem, now??

what... you don't like the JamLab thinger?

wanted honesty right?
#8August 19th, 2005 · 01:44 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
err... i'm confused... what exactly is your opinion on guitar/pc interfaces? that was my question... i wasn't questioning your honesty i was questioning your motives for posting that particular vomit comment and I was wondering what you were referring to
#9August 21st, 2005 · 01:29 AM
9 threads / 4 songs
90 posts
United Kingdom
here's what I do....
the way I go about this is as follows... I get my oldest most favourite acoustic guitar ready  on my lap. next i get the headphone / mic combo i bought for £8 from game. Then i put the headphone bit around my knee and bend the mic so it sits inside the sound hole of the guitar. Obviously, the mic is conneced to line-in on the back of the pc. With some fiddling in windows and whatever software you are using, it can sound really nice. I recommend a little reverb to compensate for the lack of "ring" you might get. All the guitar in the stuff I put on the site is recorded like this. 
  I did buy a pick up for about £30 but I found I ended up with less control than If I simply use the mic.
  Hope this helps.
#10August 22nd, 2005 · 12:19 AM
1 threads
13 posts
Australia
lol
Nice one Orlando the true poor ass musician way, i myself use a headphone/mic combo and bend the mic inline with the sound hole and i must say i cant stand wat its does to my hard work... i really gotta get a mixer
#11August 22nd, 2005 · 08:59 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
heheh... right, and you really gotta get a "real" microphone too
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.