#1August 14th, 2007 · 01:47 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Alesis SR-16 Help
Does anybody know how to change the drums kit using the preset rhythms.

I get as far as changing it in sample 'A', it reverts to the pre-set drum kit.

I've got linked up to my work station on midi just so that it syncs with the BPM.

Cheers

Denis
#2August 15th, 2007 · 12:13 AM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
i have a sr16 too they are pretty good machines for as old as they are.. without reading the manual I couldn't help you directly but if you don't have the manual you can get one here:
http://www.alesis.com/downloads/manuals/SR16_Manual.pdf
#3August 15th, 2007 · 02:18 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Denis,
Without looking it up for sure, I think that this is in the drum selection setup bit.  You can select somewhere if you want the drums to change with the patch or stay as they are....

OK, I looked it up.  Press the "Drum Set" > go to Page 9 "SET MODE" and change it to "MANUAL" (it was probably on PATT).
That's it.

#4August 15th, 2007 · 04:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Jiminuk wrote…
Denis,
Without looking it up for sure, I think that this is in the drum selection setup bit.  You can select somewhere if you want the drums to change with the patch or stay as they are....

OK, I looked it up.  Press the "Drum Set" > go to Page 9 "SET MODE" and change it to "MANUAL" (it was probably on PATT).
That's it.

:D

I think I've already tried this, the drum patt no's did'nt show. Iwill try again.

Thanx

Denis
#5August 15th, 2007 · 08:38 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I think you have to copy the drum pattern that you want to edit and then you have access to edit (the copied pattern only).The default pattern always stays the same if I remember correctly.Read on the copy part of the manual but I'm pretty sure thats how it goes.You can change the playback sound on the default pattern but as soon as you switch it (pattern)will default the sound again. I think it says to copy your steps or songs so the patterns can be edited for drum sounds.
Let me know if you can't find it!!
Marino
#6August 16th, 2007 · 07:14 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
I think you have to copy the drum pattern that you want to edit and then you have access to edit (the copied pattern only).The default pattern always stays the same if I remember correctly.Read on the copy part of the manual but I'm pretty sure thats how it goes.You can change the playback sound on the default pattern but as soon as you switch it (pattern)will default the sound again. I think it say to copy your steps or songs so the patterns can be edited for drum sounds.
Let me know if you can't find it!!
Marino

Thanx, I will let you know.

Cheers

Denis
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 1:32 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.