#1August 13th, 2005 · 07:12 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
8 posts
Germany
Keys?
Hello everybody!
I want to buy a new "pro"-keyboard and I don't know wheather I will have to pay lots of money or not. does anybody know how much a new keyboard that doesn't only sound syntheti is costs?
#2August 14th, 2005 · 11:46 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
You will have to pay lots of money. Don't kid yourself into thinking you won't.

You will not get a keyboard that doesn't sound "synthy" because keyboards are syntesizers. Even the sampling synthesisers still suck compared to the real thing.

The question is... exactly which real thing do you want, and how much are you willing to pay for it. Most modern synthesisers these days have a wide range of Organ and Wurlitzer sounds which I find tolerable. I've had an extraordinarily difficult time finding worthwhile Rhodes sounds and a mediumly difficult time finding tolerable acoustic piano sounds.

What do you want more? Good sounds? Or weighted feel?

I personally would highly recommend buying a weighted MIDI controller sans sound banks. It will be light and you'll be able to carry it with one person instead of five. Then you can take your pick from any number of cool MIDI sound modules. In fact you can buy more than one sound module and have a giant selection available. Most sound modules these days also come with the ability to purchase "expansion boards" which you can pop in to give you those rich acoustic piano sounds (read: only 25% plastic sounding) or wider ranges of more specific sound types. For example you could buy a weighted MIDI controller and then buy just the sound module from the Korg Triton and the Yamaha Motif and the Roland JV-1000 series of sound modules and then you'd have pretty much any sound you could ever want, available at your finger tips, and you'd still be able to carry it yourself and fit it all into your honda hatchback.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 10:22 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.