#1August 12th, 2005 · 11:58 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
11 posts
United States of America
Amp Help
I am interested in purchasing a Mesa Boogie F-100, and I want to know what you think about it.  My styles of music are classic rock and blues, but mainly jam band style music. Help Please
#2August 12th, 2005 · 05:36 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
wow... chill out man

ease off the trigger finger with the caps
#3August 12th, 2005 · 10:04 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
11 posts
United States of America
do you have any suggestions for the amp?
#4August 12th, 2005 · 10:21 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
you posted that song!? and you're gonna buy a what now!?

uhhh... no offense... but maybe you should get some talent i.e. practice first... and THEN get some good recording equipment... and THEN get the phat tube amplifier...

that sounds nasty, but i'm just trying to be realistic

based on the song you posted IMHO you should not be focused on spending your money on an insanely expensive toy like that... and yes... at this point in your career I would term it a toy...

I'll say it again... it sounds harsh... but it's real

buy some LESSONS! buy some TRAINING! then buy some RECORDING GEAR...

then and only then... think about buying a phat tube amp

with that said...

once you've gotten all that stuff out of the way and you do still want a cool tube amp... consider Soldano...

http://www.soldano.com/

also... consider as well, upgrading your GUITAR first before you buy the expensive amp...

if you post another song and it's good... then i'll take back all of what I just said but as per your current offering... I cannot in good concience condone your choice of wanting to purchase an expensive tube amp off the bat... though i will stick to my guns on the Soldano recommendation

i mean what i say with the best intentions... good luck

may the smileys be with you... peace
#5August 14th, 2005 · 12:29 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
27 posts
United States of America
Mesa/Boogies are amazing amps and well worth the cash. I own a Boogie subway blues amp and it's the sweetest, warmest amp I could ever dream of owning. I personally haven't tried the new F-series amps yet, but if they are anything like all other boogies, I say that it's a good choice. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that when buying an amp, you want between a 30 watt and a 60-70 watt. THERE IS NO NEED WHAT SO EVER TO GO ANY BIGGER!! It also depends on what you're going to do with it. If you're recording, I wouldn't go any bigger than a 50 watt. The ideal range for a recording amp is between 15 and 30 watts. Reason being that when you dile the volume up to the half way point and beyond, the power amp activates and that's when an amp gets it's juciest, beefitest tone. When playing live, you just want to make sure that you can reach a level that is compatible with the drums. That way, if you're playing a small gig, you can keep at a decent practice volume level. And a bigger venue worth playing is going to mic everything anyway. Just for the "more amp for your money" ethic, you should check out Fender's amps. I've yet to come across one that didn't make my mouth water. Marshall is good, too, but for some dumb ass reason, they use plastic input jacks that break ALL THE TIME!! Crate is another awesome, yet under rated amp company. Just scout around until you find the right one.
#6August 14th, 2005 · 09:23 AM
2 threads / 1 songs
11 posts
United States of America
thanx for all the help with the amps and ill consider everything you said. And yes i know the song i posted sucks but we recorded that 3 years ago. but i have a new band and we actually do have talent (as i have gotten better in 3 years), and we will be recording soon so i hope to post a new song very soon. thanx again
#7September 11th, 2005 · 08:24 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
21 posts
United States of America
Mesa boogies are by far my favorite manufacturer for Bass and Guitar amps. I have a subway rocket, while it has only one 12" speaker, and thirty watts to back it, the amp has a pure, warm, tube driven sound. You can expect all Mesa boogies to have a great warm tone, a crunchy lead... and a hefty price tag..
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 9:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.