#1June 23rd, 2007 · 06:01 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
Decent mic under say $200 AUD ?
Really need a new mic for our lead singer but we are pretty poor and stingey and want something good for cheap...

All we use at the moment is this dodgey $35 mic I bought from JB Hi-Fi, through a 30 watt line 6 spider 2 (our bass players old guitar amp lol). Even with a decent amp, although it is meant for guitar, he still gets drowned out a bit by the rest of us =S and if you turn the volume up past a certain point you just get this deadly feedback lol.

It's pretty fine at the moment because we don't do gigs, except at school but we can use all the schools gear =), but soon we will need a decent mic and none of us have any idea so if anyone can inform of a few brands or something it would be appreciated.

#2June 23rd, 2007 · 10:29 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
get a shure sm58, thats $150 retail, if you look around you could pick it up for cheaper if you look around.

Then if you havent got it already, pick up a mic lead, the longer the better.... shouldnt cost more then 30 bucks.

The Shure SM58 is the industry standard, how should i say, the pro's use it.... everyone uses it, don't think there is a more reliable microphone out there, you cant go wrong. Plus i heard it's a good mic for rock singers especially, i think. anyhoo im sure most people here would say the same thing i said but ofcourse try it out for yourself first.

Cya
#3June 24th, 2007 · 05:08 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
Sweet deal.
Sounds good.

Cheers bro.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 18th, 2024 · 10:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.