#1June 12th, 2007 · 11:07 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
INPUT
Ok so I just went through a complete hard-drive wipe. Everything is gone. I got Audacity again. But I can't get it to recognize my input! It just won't do it. The mixer has got the little green lights going up and down so I know that it is sending the signal, it is just not being recevied/recorded. I can't remember how I had it set up before.
What I've got is pretty simple, a line going from the mixer outputs to the soundcard input in the back of my PC.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER?!?!??! HELP ME QUICK PLEASE!!!!!
#2June 13th, 2007 · 12:16 AM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
PC. er huh? iis the computer seeing the audio card?Setup audio prefs? maaaaybeee?
is the card sweet in its slot?
good luck

#3June 13th, 2007 · 11:17 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
No.....the soundcards are all working fine, i think. I think the problem may be with Audacity. Is there anything I need to do to 'tell' it what to use as input?
#4August 28th, 2007 · 03:50 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
27 posts
United States of America
i belive there is..(opening up audacity to see for self)...oh easy fix! go to Edit-preferences and you will se a drop down box under Record..it says device...just select your sound card. that should do it man. oh and you might want to select stero under the next dropbox too. let me know if you still have questions.
#5August 28th, 2007 · 03:58 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Usually PEBKAC.  However, depending on your soundcard, you may have to configure ASIO drivers to work with Audacity.  It doesn't handle ASIO, so there could be configuration required there.

Chances are you just need to follow the above post and you're golden.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 1:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.