#1December 30th, 2007 · 01:33 AM
3 threads
2 posts
United States of America
cubase le midi sync help??
i have recently got a lexicon "lambda" interface and it came with cubase le.. the reason i got this is because my my boss br1180 multitrack will no long burn cds for me so i need to dump my files from my multitrack on to cubase and i know i will have to do this track by track per song but i wanted to sync it so everything lines up..only problem is i am completely ignorant to cubase...so if anyone can offer and info on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated..thanks
#2December 30th, 2007 · 06:55 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I've got a Yamaha Aw16 workstation, all I do is take a line-]out from the workstation, into the line-in of the soundcard on my PC, set up the recording level from the control panel.

You can mix the track from your work station then simply hit the record button on any recording software
you have. I use krystal for my basic sequencing [it's a free download].

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Denis
#3December 30th, 2007 · 12:08 PM
3 threads
2 posts
United States of America
thanks...but what im tryin to do is mix in another program thats why i need to sync up each indvidual track ..
#4December 31st, 2007 · 02:27 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yeah i think that is the problem I looked at the specs on the boss and I could be mistaken but I don't see anything that lets you sync up for track file transfer... it does let you transfer wav files for drum loops.  but not sure about the individual track sync.. usually you have word clock or something to help sync stuff up.

midi  is more for note information and patch/effects change info.  Like recording a midi keyboard part into cubase (no recorded sound is sent, just the information needed to reproduce the sounds that info is stored (recorded into that track)) not sure about the word clock sync for track alignment..  usually that is done with spidf,tdif,or optical(light pipe) ,USB, and or Firewire.  you should probably contact Boss or  see if there is a discussion board out there somewhere about this unit.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 7:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.