#1May 15th, 2007 · 06:39 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
Recommended VST instruments
How about starting a list of recommended VST instruments for both windows and linux?

Being new to VST, I can't really comment on this just yet, but once I get my PC up and running again I hope to start getting into it a bit more. I know that 'recommended' is a pretty fuzzy word. One thing in particular that I'm looking for personally are some good drum, cymbal, and bass sounds. I have yet heard a decent snare that lives up to it's real counterpart (not saying they don't exist, just looking for them!).
#2May 15th, 2007 · 10:04 AM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
I am looking for the same thing!!! This weekend if my friend comes over we are gonna look for some on the net
and try to get some stuff up. I am still kinda skeptical abou this though you know I think its good for experimenting but I wont use this for anything but that. If you have ARES or LIMEWIRE or something of that
nature you could get some really good stuff probably Thats what I am doing I'll tell you If I find anything really good ok

#3May 15th, 2007 · 11:21 AM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
For drums, I belive samples (not loops) are much better...you can get some great ones for free, and it's like getting a drummer and telling him what to play and how (and "he" will understand you!).  Don't know what software do you use, but inmany you don't even need a sampler VST.  As for the bass, I'm on the search of the right sound with my (Jeskola Buzz's) built-in synths cause I've heard pretty decent sounds comming from there on other's people songs... but until I find a sound that I like, I use single notes samples for that too... not very natural feeling but they do the job.
#4May 15th, 2007 · 02:40 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Ahhh VST's...  A favorite subject of mine.  for drums Id go with either Battery 3 or BFD...  but its much easier to get samples as mentioned before.  As for Bass and Synths the list goes on and on...but I'll list a few favorites minus my secret weapons...   Pentagon I, Trilogy, Atmosphere, Vanguard, V-Station, Pro 53....  I think im gonna stop there.  That is a killer arsenal right there.  Im not listing a few others that are my bread and butter simply because ...well Im selfish like that.  But these are top o the line!
#5May 25th, 2007 · 12:05 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Recommended VST instruments
for orchestra sounds edirol orchestra is a killer ......... (all midi) and doesnt suck the life from memory
ive also got eastwest orch silver but its a bit temperamental and tricky to work with

splash the fish
#6May 25th, 2007 · 05:07 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Mmmm! Pentagon!!! Triangle is also excellent but not as awesome as Triangle2, totally excellent crisp bass synth with other weird sounds.
FL is an excellent instrument in Cubase, as long as you choose to install the VST Plug-in versions when initially installing FL! In Cubase/Vst Instruments you can choose FL single channel where every thing you do in FL comes through one channel into Cubase or FL multy channel where Cubase opens the same amount of channels as you have open in FL meaning you can 'effect; each FL channel separately  in Cubase!
The FM is an amazing synth if you can get hold of it through your share-ware program, there's also a file floating around the web with an incredible 5000 pre-set sounds for FM.  
I do have it and if you cant find it PM me if your interested.
#7May 30th, 2007 · 04:20 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Orchestral Vst
I'm staring new in the midi stuff. I'm looking for some nice sounds to go with my acoustic set up, perhaps nice orchestrel and precussive sounds, nice piano. I'm hoping to find sounds that are closest to the real thing.

Any suggestions  please.

Cheers all.

Denis
#8May 31st, 2007 · 11:13 AM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Edirol Orchestral is choice, bro.  Check it out or hit me up...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:46 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.