#1August 8th, 2005 · 02:22 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Buying Headphone / Mic Combo...
Hey... I was researching buying a headphone / microphone combo's... Basically, just trying to have less "stuff" in my house. Anyways, I'm looking for a device that looks something like this — http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=004976

I want it to have good recording quality... Not sure whether this one does.

Does anyone have any ideas? Would this work well?
#2August 8th, 2005 · 05:56 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
wow... that doesn't look like it's for recording... is it? or you mean you want that for like the phone, and to be able to use the phone/listen to music at the same time? Or just be able to talk on the phone and actually hear the other person hehe... and not have to put a crick in your neck while having a 4 hour phone conference with a coder? Hmmm, now that's an idea! ... hehehe

i've never actually seen anything quite like that so I really wouldn't know... essentially that looks like a great little product... i mean Sennheiser makes wicked nice headphones I'm sure. It is always nice to be able to try before you buy.

I remember going headphone shopping for the first time and when I tried out all the headphones, it wasn't the most expensive ones that sounded the best to me. So, if you can, finding a place to test them would be idea. If not I say just buy those.
#3August 8th, 2005 · 10:00 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
Forget the combo for recording, get yourself a Shure SM-57 and Sennheiser HD280's.

And also, it is important to remember that you don't want the headphones that sound 'best'. You want the headphones that sound most 'accurate'.

Many headphones/speakers designed for living room/leisure listening are poor for monitoring purposes because they artificially colour the sound.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 3:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.