#1August 6th, 2005 · 11:15 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Saxophone
Wel I am hoping to learn saxophone. Now I have finally able to procure some money to buy one. Can somebody give some pointers anout saxophones as to what to look out for when buying one? Also do you need to have a teacher or can you learn from the net the way you can with guitars?
#2August 9th, 2005 · 09:16 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
I don't play sax myself, but judging from what i'v seen of my friend's saxaphones, you're not gonna be able to learn too easy off the web. If you're really serious about this, then getting one-to-one tutorial would probably be the way to go
#3August 13th, 2005 · 01:19 PM
2 threads
33 posts
Norway
I play the saxophone and i think i can help you out. You should always buy your saxophone from a place that only sells instruments and accessories, not from a place that also has movies and games and stuff, like hastings. People call those "disposable instruments." you dont wanna buy those. Anyways, it's pretty easy to learn saxophone, but like Jonnyc said, you probably won't be able to get good at it fast if you rely on the web. You'll probably wanna get lessons. 
#4August 20th, 2005 · 09:13 AM
1 threads
1 posts
United Kingdom
Yamaha saxes are pretty good, not that expensive either
I have to agree that if you are going to learn the sax you will need lessons one to one, my clarinet lessons cost £11 for half an hour, but thats for a guy with alot of qualifications after his name. The average price for lessons genrally is £7 for 20mins.
#5August 26th, 2005 · 11:59 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
best advice ... take a saxophonist with you (maybe a friends, family member or someone you happened to meet on the street!!).  if you couldnt drive yet but needed to buy your first car to learn on, then you wouldnt go shopping to buy a car without taking someone who could drive.  the same principle applies here.
#6August 28th, 2005 · 09:03 AM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
The problem is that nobody around me plays the saxophone. I wonder if half of them even know what that is. SO lessons are totally out of question. Also it throws taking somebody to buy a saxophone along is not possible. How much is not so expensive Mr. Lunch Tray???
#7August 28th, 2005 · 10:12 AM
8 threads / 4 songs
246 posts
United Kingdom
hmmmm .... then it appears you have quite a predicament! 

i'd buy a yamaha or a jupiter.  Yamaha do a good one for about £6-800ish in the UK
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.