#1February 19th, 2007 · 11:54 AM
1 threads
United States of America
Strat sound like a Tele
I have a Peavey Custom EXP with a H-S-H configuration and I would like some ideas on how I can get my Bridge pickup, which sounds pretty trebly anyway, to sound more like a Tele bridge pickup? I use a BOSS GT-8 multi-effects box if the EQ on that would help any. Any ideas? Thanks.
#2August 28th, 2007 · 04:08 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
27 posts
United States of America
umm..with the bridge being a humbucker its really hard to get it to sound like a single coil..you could try one of the presets on the GT-8 but im pretty sure i havnt ever found one that you could use as such.
#3August 28th, 2007 · 05:51 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
tap the humbucker
put in a single coil/dual coil tap ....you usually can just use the volume or tone control knob (make it a push pull pot(you will have to buy a new one made that way)) and then split the coils from the pickup..or you can use a three position toggle switch and use one side of the humbucker (single coil) then both sides center (humbucker), then other side the coil for a different  single coil sound.. of course you don't have to use this configuration ..just giving it as a idea.

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/category/wiringresources.1wiringdiagrams.humbuckerwiringmods/

edit: just looked at the date on the original post..oops probably already figured something out by now
#4October 8th, 2007 · 05:49 PM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
put the pickup selector on the fourth setting (joint mid single coil and bridge humbucker) and use the Clean Stack preset on the GT-8. Then select JC-120 Return as the output type on the GT-8 and ensure that you have the treble turned up on your amp and the mids turned down.

that is the most choppy tele tone I can think of with your gear. nothing like the real thing tho! if you want tele chops you need a tele or at least a single coil for the bridge position.
#5April 6th, 2008 · 02:39 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
70 posts
United States of America
I've alwasy found that if you use the bridge pickup of a strat and pick or strum really close to the bridge it will get a similar tele sound
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 10:44 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.