#1May 9th, 2015 · 09:54 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
13 posts
Brazil
FAVORITE PIANO AU/VST PLUGIN?
Whats up guys? I produce on Logic Pro X, and I'm looking for a piano AU plugin. Hoping to find some more real timbres. LPX has some pianos, but even though I alter their velocity, it still sounds very midi-ish, especially when compared to a real piano. Any suggestions ?
#2May 10th, 2015 · 03:50 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I did some research recently. At the end of the day it's down to personal taste.
If you want a piano to sound as authentic as possible and sits nice in the mix 'true pianos' vst is great value for money. I also like pianoteq, but it does sound a little flat, although it's nice warm sounding. I also like alicias keys, big sound, sits well in the mix too.
Go on YouTube, where you will find some people have done a comparison on many.
Demo the ones you like.
Nothing sounds like the real thing, but there are some nice sounding piano vst's out there.
#3May 11th, 2015 · 09:07 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
i use Alecia keys, I also bought another of the Kontact grand piano bundles. I also use the UVI workstation piano. although I'm not sure if it's AU
#4May 14th, 2015 · 02:27 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
i use Alecia keys, I also bought another of the Kontact grand piano bundles. I also use the UVI workstation piano. although I'm not sure if it's AU
VST's work on macs, I recently got a used MacBook Pro and loaded loads of VST's on it - very stable platform and does not need cleaning up like on windows, but with me now being over 55years of age my eyes are not so good for a 15" monitor, but I can hook it up to a bigger monitor when doing photo editing and such like - When I upgrade my windows Desktop PC, I'm going to build a Hackintosh (A mac you build yourself), which is legal - Basically all you need is someone who owns a mac and with various recommended computer components, you can build a high performance mac for a lot less money than buying an Apple Mac - You can also have it booting windows too if you want, so you get to use one or the other.
#5June 9th, 2015 · 05:55 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
13 posts
Brazil
Denis wrote…
I did some research recently. At the end of the day it's down to personal taste.
If you want a piano to sound as authentic as possible and sits nice in the mix 'true pianos' vst is great value for money. I also like pianoteq, but it does sound a little flat, although it's nice warm sounding. I also like alicias keys, big sound, sits well in the mix too.
Go on YouTube, where you will find some people have done a comparison on many.
Demo the ones you like.
Nothing sounds like the real thing, but there are some nice sounding piano vst's out there.

thank you for your research, denis! and sorry for the late reply. i think true pianossounds like what i've been wanting. gonna take a look at the youtube videos
#6June 9th, 2015 · 06:00 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
13 posts
Brazil
Denis wrote…
toastedgoat wrote…
VST's work on macs, I recently got a used MacBook Pro and loaded loads of VST's on it - very stable platform and does not need cleaning up like on windows, but with me now being over 55years of age my eyes are not so good for a 15" monitor, but I can hook it up to a bigger monitor when doing photo editing and such like - When I upgrade my windows Desktop PC, I'm going to build a Hackintosh (A mac you build yourself), which is legal - Basically all you need is someone who owns a mac and with various recommended computer components, you can build a high performance mac for a lot less money than buying an Apple Mac - You can also have it booting windows too if you want, so you get to use one or the other.

woah we staarting working about piano vsts and ended up on a hackintosh, hahaha. im thinking about turning my high profile pc into a hackintosh since i use logic. while we're at it, does anybody know here if a 13" retina macbook pro is enough for producing, or should i go for the 15"?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:06 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.