#1January 14th, 2007 · 04:28 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Noisy recordings? then check this link out
I posting this more for the person who wants to upgrade there computer than buy one, even though they sell them.
You can really reduce computer noise by changing out just a few items.
http://www.endpcnoise.com/cgi-bin/e/std/sku=digital_audio_workstation
#2February 28th, 2007 · 04:36 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Cool link!

I just bought a new motherboard and a 'silent' processor fan, it's big-find with a variable speed slide on a cable sticking out of the back of the PC.
Some good tips there at least, I couldn't/wouldn't buy one.

Isn't recording in a specially set up room better? Or is this more about the actual noise the recordings can pick up from the system it's self?

I love the fact that they put such an emphasis on silence to make good music, it's a poetical thing! lol

I read recently that WindowsXP is the most stable and most preferred from all the windows so far, mainly because it wasn't written by Microsoft, the program was bought and called Windows!

Cool link! !

I was actually looking for Cubase links etc LOL
#3March 1st, 2007 · 07:15 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Firewire interfaces > direct I/O

Allows multitracking > 10 tracks of different sorts, plus you can upgrade your mixer while you're at it.

Just sayin' 
#4March 1st, 2007 · 07:31 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
this was for ideas only
this was mainly for ideas only...........  I wouldn't suggest buying one of there computers I'd say they want to much money  .....You can insulate your own cases.....  order your own quite fans systems, power supply ect ....  I did made a big difference  gave me Ideas for my pc ....insulated  the cases,  got quit power and fans, and  I made a insulated breathable container (#703 insulation )for the computer to set in make it real quite.

I agree100 % about the  firewire interfaces ( I use em, 16 analog  i/o and 48 digital i/o now more coming) , I suggest that is the way to go or usb interfaces/mixers.......
#5March 1st, 2007 · 07:35 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
What the bloody hell would you need 48 simultaneous tracks for? An entire orcestra, LOL?
#6March 1st, 2007 · 10:27 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
they are digital 48 I/O
you can link up by either light pipe or tdif  lets say you have a digital mixer you can hook it up 8 or 16, or 24 ,
and it also allow you to use outboard recording devices like adats, da98,88 ect, hard disk recorder  ect. 
let's say your doing a mobile recording 16 tracks somwhere you can take a mobile unit record it and then hook it up either light pipe or tdif  withour any trouble and you can snyc up all together with let say some tracks wiithin the studio that are aready sittinn in teh computer. you can leave the tracks in the mobile unit and mix and move  and edit ect.  oh well I could go on and on about all the hook ups and uses.

Yes it was designed just for that reason ... the motu stuff is built in consideration more for the  movie/vidio composer/ digital performer user  ...ie Trever Rabin, well a bunch of movies have used this set up.

http://www.motu.com/products/software/dp/film.html

http://www.motu.com/products/software/dp/testimonials/atnewsitem.2004-10-20.1813548304
#7March 1st, 2007 · 10:40 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
.......................forty eight. 

Forty.
Eight.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *   Thats a lot of dots.

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:32 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.