#1January 28th, 2013 · 01:44 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Seagull S12 QI
Bought a new 12-string. Made my first experiences. It's easy to play and it has a woderful warm and crystal clear sound.
I am still not satisfied with the built in piezo pickup because the first 2 double strings (E, A) are twice as loud as the rest of the construction. Maybe it's an issue of mounting the strings, said the dealer. I will change the strings by a set of Elixir strings where I will start to mount in the middle with G and D. Maybe the first pressure on the piezo pickup is where it comes to some deformations of this element. But the dealer told me that he will help me for the lifetime of this guitar. Other than that the produced sound is very close to natural.
Preamp is quite linear and the guitar tuner is helpful

For acoutic gigs I bought a Fishman Loudbox Mini amp. Now I don't need mics for the guitar in live gigs any longer. And it has a second channel for an XLR mic so I can sing along and I will be heard (haha).

I payed around 1000 Euros for this and after two days of strumming and picking I am quite sure that I'd do it again at any time. I'm going to upload some snippets in a few days.
#2February 13th, 2013 · 08:40 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
Seagulls
Hi TK

I was just gonna post requesting help with my 12 string seagull and saw your post.

A word of advice?  Never let your bro play it without supervision.....lol. Mine broke the head clear off....
Now......its the second time this has happened......i seem to have cursed luck with seagulls.

I was going to ask......do i take it to a luthier?  Or try clamping it myself?  I paid , i think, $150 for it about a hundred years ago........but it plays beautifully.  (When its not in 2 pieces that is ) and i have NO idea what a luthier would charge for repair.

help!

Sorry TK.....kinda got off topic.....take pity on me!

Mb
#3February 14th, 2013 · 08:39 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Well your post is not off topic for me.

My local dealer told me that Seagull is helping each customer. So the story was similar to yours. Seagull gave him a brandnew guitar although the guitar was 5y old. I think Seagull (Godin) is anxious to be a good partner for their customers. Go to your luthier or local dealer and ask him to send your broken pieces to Seagull, to the manufacturer. The only charge you must pay is for transport and postal charges. I'd like to encourage you just to try to go this step.

That's why I bought it at my dealer. His pricing was exactly the same as on the internet and my face is well known now and I've got a so called lifetime support for the guitar.

I did not make any records with it yet. I am enjoying to play the guitar so much. It's great fun and it sounds perfect to me. But it inspired me to compose new tracks for live performing unplugged.

Good luck
#4February 15th, 2013 · 10:39 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
Wowsa wowsa!
TK?

Holy crap!  What customer service......amazing......and it's definitely worth the price of shipping.
I had NO idea.

I'm so glad i poured my heart out to you about my wounded guitar tragedy.

May mountains genuflect when you pass by!

Thanks!!!!!

Mb
#5February 16th, 2013 · 06:51 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
So you have talked with them?
Would be nice if you could write some feedback on here

lol thnx but let the mountains first do their job: Just to be there
#6February 17th, 2013 · 10:06 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
Emailed them
And now awaiting a reply.......

Crossing fingers!  I took pics of the (sniffle) cracked neck.....and the serial number....etc.
I will definitely post the details.

Thanks again TK

#7February 22nd, 2013 · 09:54 PM
22 threads / 7 songs
164 posts
Canada
Update
Hey TK,

Got a response......lol

I was told to take it to a Toronto luthier.....at the 12th Fret, a shop in Toronto, for repair.  They are very expensive and probably would charge more than the guitar is worth.

Oh well....it was worth a shot.

#8February 23rd, 2013 · 02:19 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Thank you for your feedback. Sad that they didnt get the 'message'.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: July 26th, 2024 · 11:03 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.
Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/bandamp/sess_9umchjq4ju3gc6ffk5t94vgup5, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp/bandamp) in Unknown on line 0