#1November 27th, 2012 · 05:18 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
USA Fender Stratocaster
I've got my Vintage 1979 Fender Strat Lefty for sale on eBay.  I thought I would never sell it because I was so attached to it. I now realise that even though it will grow in value, I can sell it for a good price and get a newer USA Strat for between Ģ650.00 used and Ģ1,000.00 new. As it's a USA model, it will also increase in value over time.
I've also sold my Ibanez SR500 bass, I never really liked it from when I got it, firstly the strings are too close together for me, which effect my plucking hand, secondly even though the tone is versatile, I'm not a lover of it. I won an auction on a used Fender Squier modifed 70's Jazz Bass, expecting delivery of that soon, if I like it, I'll probably upgrade it to a USA model, depending on how much I get for my Strat.

This is the Strat I'm Selling:

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the newer USA Fender Strats say from 2000 to 2012
#2December 27th, 2012 · 08:54 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Wow, thatīs surprising me.  Have you been successful selling it on the bay? Also with selling the bass?
Pity, you didnīt feel comfortable with the sr 500. But instruments are absolutly individual Either tthey fit his player or they even donīt. No space for compomises.
Did you get a Fender bass by now? If yes, can you deal with it better now?
#3December 27th, 2012 · 09:07 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Wow, thatīs surprising me.  Have you been successful selling it on the bay? Also with selling the bass?
Pity, you didnīt feel comfortable with the sr 500. But instruments are absolutly individual Either tthey fit his player or they even donīt. No space for compomises.
Did you get a Fender bass by now? If yes, can you deal with it better now?

Not sold it yet, I'm in no rush, I won't sell it any cheaper - I've advertised it twice on eBay, had people watching the item.
Sold the SR-500 and purchased a Modified Vintage Squire Jazz Bass (bargain, almost new for Ģ167.00) like the playability, the sound is nice, but the real test is when I record with it - Will record some stuff in the new year.

The idea is if I get along with the Squire, when I eventually sell my 78 Strat, I'll get a newer version of a USA Strat and a USA Jazz Bass - It should pay for both - HAPPY DAYS
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.