#1December 16th, 2006 · 05:34 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
bass amp model
I've been writing a bassline for the Christmas thing, as well as one of hurdcaca's songs that doesn't have any yet. But, as I record it, I really can't get it to sound good. After about 10 seconds, the obvious occurred to me.
I haven't got an amp model. Does anyone know any good ones I can use with Audacity?

Without one, my bass can only make 1 type of sound....and that makes me sad.........

Of course, I may not actually know what I'm talking about. So, just in case, what I mean is this; a digital effect that acts like an amp, and has all the knobs and such that my actual amplifier has. I hope you can understand what I mean.
#2December 17th, 2006 · 12:09 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
amp models
http://www.samash.com/catalog/categorysub.asp?CategorySubID=669&departmentid=2&sourcetype=categorysearch

ther are a bunch of these I don't use them I just DI a bass into a mixer, slap on some compression and that's about it. Latetly I've just been using the bass sounds on my keyboards and writing them out in the midi sequencer software.
#3December 17th, 2006 · 02:16 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Native Instruments
Guitar Rig is meant to be amazing! I saw someone had exclaimed in a post somewhere on bandAmp "Thank God for Guitar Rig"
There is a Demo flying around the web, but I haven't yet found a key for it, it packs in after a month.
But it was amazing while it lasted!

Can Audacity deal with VST Plugins? Maybe kvraudio or the sonicspot can be of any use?
#4December 17th, 2006 · 04:38 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Ok I found some VST plugins using the links you guys showed me....but how I earth do I use them? i found something that said I needed to copy the files into Audactiy's plugin directory, but that didn't do a thing.
#5December 17th, 2006 · 07:48 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Oldies324 wrote…
Ok I found some VST plugins using the links you guys showed me....but how I earth do I use them? i found something that said I needed to copy the files into Audactiy's plugin directory, but that didn't do a thing.

You also need to download the audacity plugin(I cant remember what its called) anyways it will allow you to use them....
#6December 18th, 2006 · 04:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey Oldies I come up with the same question! lol

I found Guitar FX 3
Might it be what your looking for?

[edit]
You might like it and you may get it to work!!!
I cant get the guitar signal from my soundcard to go through the Guitar FX program, it was the same with Guitar Rig, but Guitar Rig is also a VST Plugin so it would work on pre-recorded tracks in Cubase (Audacity)
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 10:43 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.