#1December 13th, 2006 · 11:54 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
VST's... Please!!
OK, today I downloaded an instrumental VST, and I unzipped the file... and there were two files, one was a basic guide, a 'how to' for using the program, and the other was a .dll file, where do I put this file.
#2December 14th, 2006 · 04:29 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
You should have a folder for Plugins on your host software main folder.  Copy the .dll file there and open it from your VST tool on the host.

Sorry but that's all I can say, not knowing FL much.
#3December 14th, 2006 · 06:53 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
A good habit I believe is to either put your .dll's here :  C:/Program Files/VstPlugins

Or, if you don't have that folder/directory, make it! And then put them in there.

It's a 'common' address between vst plugin programs.

Though Fruity has its own plugins which it keeps in its own plugins folder it can also see the plugins in C:/Program Files/VstPlugins, and if it doesn't then you can point Fruity towards the right extra plugins folder under Options/ file-settings, at the bottom of the tab - extra vst plugins folder.

Then when you right click on the sample tab in the 'sampler', under 'insert channel' choose 'more...' and click on the vst instruments that it has seen but not loaded. Fruity will load the instrument in the 'Fruity Wrapper'
When you left click one of the little buttons down the bottom left hand side of the Mixer FX window, mouseOver 'select' will open the choice of vst effect plugins, where you can again open 'more..'

But this you probably know!
#4December 14th, 2006 · 11:48 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Hey kings, I followed your steps and got there, thanks for the help! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:29 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.