#1December 7th, 2006 · 06:35 PM
4 threads
6 posts
United States of America
tele or strat
right now I'm playing a dean Sarasota six string (its been discontinued only 12 string sarasotas now)  and I'm thinking bout buying myself a fender and I'm stuck between tele and strat

i love the bluesy sound of the tele but there both nice

i want this guitar for mostly blues and rock so what do you guys suggest?
#2December 7th, 2006 · 09:22 PM
4 threads
7 posts
United States of America
eh
well, personally i dont know why but i really really dont like the way a tele looks, they sound good, yes, but i dont like them, i would suggest the strat, more versitility in my opinion
#3December 7th, 2006 · 09:27 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Most traditionalist guitarists will demand that you get BOTH the Tele and the Strat (because they're both have a sound that is unique to each guitar and is essential to music like blues, soul country, rock n' roll, etc); however, to start out with, the Strat actually has more variables of sound...all of which are useful and essential to this genre of music (and with the Strat you can get Tele-like sounds). Personally, I have owned them both and I love them both for their individual qualities.
#4December 8th, 2006 · 11:32 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
the cat has spoken; he is right. the strat has greater diversity in sounds, and you can come close to a tele sound with it too.

I actually think the tele is aesthetically more interesting than the strat, therefore I once bought a 12-string hohner custom with 2 humbuckers on a tele body (black). I named her Darleene, and yes I have slept with her, on occasion. I wouldn't think of doing that to a strat body. really
#5December 8th, 2006 · 12:18 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
for good reason....you know EVERYBODY has slept with a strat!
#6December 8th, 2006 · 02:29 PM
4 threads
6 posts
United States of America
ok thanks alot for all the insight guys... im prolly going back to my local guitar shop today
and ill play em both again
but yah sounds form what you guys said ive got a better shot with the strat
#7December 8th, 2006 · 03:19 PM
77 threads / 31 songs
353 posts
Norway
I think the Tele looks best and sounds pretty good too.
Personally I would have bought the tele.
I have tried them both. 
#8January 5th, 2007 · 08:46 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
you should try this one
if you're thinking about buying a tele you should really try the squier tele custom 2 P90 don't be fooled by the price tag it's a really good guitar I know player with very expensive guitar who play one mainly myself included
#9January 8th, 2007 · 07:45 PM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
United Kingdom
I was blown away when I played a American Tele.
This was just unplugged. The neck is nice, and can be mighty long. Great for a finger picker!

Strat, well you don't get more versatile than a strat.
One thing for sure is it's built like a beast and is pretty darn sturdy.

If you're going blues+rock, I'd go for the strat.
#10May 10th, 2007 · 09:09 PM
10 threads / 3 songs
69 posts
United States of America
hmmm
If I had to pick a fender it'd have to be one of those hollow-body teles, they're the only Fenders I can stand because they usually come with more distorted pickups than most Fenders.
#11May 10th, 2007 · 11:29 PM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
well
look right now i have a beauty of a strat
but im telling you if you want a great
rock guitar the gibson sg is the
way to go I promise that!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:18 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.